Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 WG, rode on flat front tire for 130 miles

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 08:54 PM
bluesmanjesse
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by USMAMule
there is no way that tire after being ridden on flat for 150 miles is going to be reliable. Your life isn't worth the cost of a new tire.

USMAMule

Old 09-17-2010, 10:22 PM
gplarryv
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by USMAMule
Because the belts are 100% for certain damaged. And if that wasn't bad enough, the side walls are 100% for sure weakened by riding on them flat. I think it's safe to assume there were a fair number of turns in a 130 miles. (sorry I said 150 earlier).

USMAMule
I agree 100 times on this one

Old 09-18-2010, 12:24 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts
Old 09-18-2010, 02:54 AM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do what you want it's your bike............

Old 09-18-2010, 06:09 AM
USMAMule
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveO-ll
I will just add, do what you want - it's obvious you didn't post this looking for consensus of opinion to guide you, but to show how ballsy you are. It's your life and you are taking it into your own hands if you try to use that tire. Good luck.

USMAMule

Old 09-18-2010, 07:01 AM
USMAMule
Road Master

URL is broken...

:-)

USMAMule

Old 09-18-2010, 08:36 AM
bucket13
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveO-ll

Exactly.....I'd like to throw a vote in for doing nothing at all! Aren't motorcycles supposed to be a little dangerous???

Old 09-18-2010, 10:49 AM
USMAMule
Road Master

Originally Posted by bucket13
Exactly.....I'd like to throw a vote in for doing nothing at all! Aren't motorcycles supposed to be a little dangerous???
Yeah motorcycles are a little dangerous, but isn't there a difference between knowing you could be hit by a bus and standing in a blind curve on a bus route? But hey, it's your life. Do what you want.

USMAMule

Old 09-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Doc Intrepid
Road Master
Location: In the Pacific Northwest, a few hours east of Seattle.
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm surprised this discussion is even taking place.

In any sort of tight cornering or emergency swerve situation the only thing standing between the rider and serious injury or worse is two little patches of rubber less than 5" square.

It may not be known with certainty whether or how badly the tire was damaged by being driven "130 miles on a flat"; but it's a sure bet that if any damage occurred the integrity of the tire is compromised.

And now, to save the price of new tire, (on a bike that probably cost somewhere upward of $16-$17 grand or more) someone is questioning whether they should just continue riding with the integrity of the machine potentially reduced by 50%?

Please.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:16 AM
USMAMule
Road Master

Originally Posted by Doc Intrepid
I'm surprised this discussion is even taking place.

In any sort of tight cornering or emergency swerve situation the only thing standing between the rider and serious injury or worse is two little patches of rubber less than 5" square.

It may not be known with certainty whether or how badly the tire was damaged by being driven "130 miles on a flat"; but it's a sure bet that if any damage occurred the integrity of the tire is compromised.

And now, to save the price of new tire, (on a bike that probably cost somewhere upward of $16-$17 grand or more) someone is questioning whether they should just continue riding with the integrity of the machine potentially reduced by 50%?

Please.

I am as surprised as you are. But in a weird way I think it follows the general false macho BS that it seems many folks associate with being a "real" biker. I always thought real bikers respected their bikes but hey, what do I know. I've only been riding for about 25 years.

USMAMule

Quick Reply: 2010 WG, rode on flat front tire for 130 miles