Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black-Out Conundrum

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010 | 09:17 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by JRK5892
ya know i can powder the shocks to have the covers black and the shock spring chrome or vice versa right... any combo you want!
I know that the Lower legs, caps and trees can be coated, how about the legs them selves? Can I make the entire front end black or is there an issue with where the lower slide up and down on the legs that would prevent them from being able to be coated.
The only silver I want on my bike is the bolts, nuts and center rocker box cover, the top cover would also be black. I would like to get my hubs done in black, but I am in no hurry to get my rims torn apart.
The chrome that I have left is, the front and rear sigs, rear sig relocation pieces, Licience plate bracket (Kuryahkyn), A/C, pipes (want the Samson Big Guns 3 "Cannons" - Massive 2 1/2" One Piece Full Coverage Heat Shields) and the whole stock front end to include 1" loner Industries Riser.
All that I want in some sort of black.
Do you have a piece by piece price break down that your shop uses as a standard?

Old 09-15-2010 | 09:22 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by TREEVIS
I epoxied my headlight ring and signals (whick have the run, break conversion wire kit). Then flat blacked my battery band, and shock covers top and bottom leaving coils silver.

Plan on epoxy coating lower arms this winter.

Have chrome pipes and chrome 16" apes. I think its a good combo for now but may go more black too!
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...vis727/hd3.jpg

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...7/hd2plate.jpg
Those bars are exactly the bend and width I am looking for? Who makes them/where did you get them? Also do you have the cable specs?

Old 09-15-2010 | 09:28 PM
TREEVIS
Novice

Hill country customs
hillcountrycustomcycles.com Would refer them to everyone!

Wire kit and bars combo. Took bout 2 nights to do it but could be pretty simple if you dont have a 2 year old pickin up wires and tellin you their colors!

Old 09-15-2010 | 09:35 PM
TREEVIS
Novice

I have a 08 street bob came with chrome fender struts, then obviously had the chrome shock covers. I personally thought the chrome looked cheap and then, looks much better black! I cut off those ugly strut covers which HD did in later models.

Old 09-15-2010 | 09:40 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by TREEVIS
Hill country customs
hillcountrycustomcycles.com Would refer them to everyone!

Wire kit and bars combo. Took bout 2 nights to do it but could be pretty simple if you dont have a 2 year old pickin up wires and tellin you their colors!
Do you remeber which kit it was? I love te straight up on the bars, I'm not big on the bars that tapper out, but I also want them close to the same width as the trees. Any help would be great.

Old 09-15-2010 | 09:47 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

I'm bias to the mix!! I kind of like mine with the black bars and the black lowers with shinny in between!! I thought about powdering the trees, but I don't think I am.

Last edited by JaronB; 09-15-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 09-15-2010 | 10:00 PM
TREEVIS
Novice

COMPLETE package that includes 1 1/4" FAT 12" NARROW ape hangers with Stainless Steel braided Throttle cables, clutch cable, and front brake line for ALL Harley models 1990-2010 (except Touring models with a fairing and some Sportster models see note.) The handle bars do reduce in size to 1" at the riser clamp and the grip ends to accept stock controls. They are also pre-drilled for internal wiring. 12" ( 1 1/4" diameter, 35" width, 7" center width, 12.5" base width, 8" pullback ) 14" ( 1 1/4" diameter, 35" width, 7" center width, 12.5" base width, 8.5" pullback ) 16" ( 1 1/4" diameter, 36" width, 7" center width, 12.5" base width, 8.5" pullback ) No more hassle trying to round up the right length cables, we already know what you need. Just let us know the year and model of your bike and riser height when you make payment, and we will handle the rest.
$344.95 also have powder coated black bars. You can also ask for the black pearl cables instead of chrome. mine are black with chrome bars

Last edited by TREEVIS; 09-15-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 09-16-2010 | 09:18 AM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member

Just looking through this forum should give you a pretty good idea how different combonations of black and chrome look.

I really like the way some of the black handlebars look. JaronB's bike a couple of posts up looks awesome with the black bars and black lower fork sliders.

Old 09-16-2010 | 07:56 PM
jpace024
Road Master

Im partial to the black bars.....

Attached Thumbnails Black-Out Conundrum-img_1280.jpg  
Old 09-16-2010 | 10:14 PM
fxdx-fly-by
Road Master

black blackidy black black black.... black out your lowers on the forks and the braces and get the black bars..then the whole front will be black and chrome where it needs it... buy new turns and your set..just a little chrome to set off the black not a 50/50 mix

Quick Reply: Black-Out Conundrum