Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What you say is ture. What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 10:38 AM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxster
Well, I have just re-read your last post above and you make no mention of dynoing the bike when you altered the VE tables to disable closed loop. You don't mention any testing of the AFR at all. So, as far as I can see, that is changing the VE tables blindly.

I don't want to be argumentative and sorry if I came across that way. I was just trying to pass along a bit of my own knowledge and experience, which is what the forum is about.

That experience tells me that changing the VE tables directly is only done when you have AFR readings to base the changes on. Otherwise you are disabling a very good engine feedback system for no good reason. The CLB tables are there for just what you want to do i.e. tweak the mixture a bit richer to drop the engine temp. Beyond that you need AFR readings, and I don't just mean a dyno pull or two, you need a whole bunch of readings to be able to accurately populate the VE tables.

Bottom line though is that if you are happy with your results and it feels good for you then that's the main thing and good luck.

Something must be lost in translation here. I didn't take your post as argumentative, and I replied without overtone in the reply.

Read this line from my post: Well after running the bike with a modified map by me using Smart Tune recordings, the Screaming Eagle Software, and software called My Tune to compare and verify changes the Smart Tune wanted to make on VE tables and Knock. I now have my VE Tables running in the range of 0% to 2% between the actual and new VE real time adjustments. I rarely have any change in the graphs..

Also if you read the entire thread you would see that the bike has been on a dyno. Also if you read the header of my post you responded to you will see "UPDATE:" Meaning I am the OP of the thread, and I am responding to the entire thread.

Sounds like you just needed to be an A$$ to someone today, and I just happened to be your target. Oh well.. "Don't taze me, bro!"

Last edited by editbrain; 10-18-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by editbrain
Sounds like you just needed to be an A$$ to someone today, and I just happened to be your target. Oh well.. "Don't taze me, bro!"
I'm curious to know where in my last post I was being an a$$, but whatever.

Sounds like you don't need or want any more feedback on what you are doing so I'll dip out now. Ride safe.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:34 PM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I sent you a PM, Foxster.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:45 PM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to Thank all of you who have shared your vast knowledge about this subject. I have learned a lot.

Yes I too have the HD software for my laptop and bike, I had been a little confused with it after watching the Demo disc. I believe that after reading that TTS manual and re-watching the Demo, along with this thread I now have a better handle on the electronics and tunning of these bikes.

Thanks Everyone

SteveO

Old 10-18-2010, 12:53 PM
Black Bart
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I want to thank all of the posters. There is definitely a lot to be learned when tuning with SERT/SEST/SESPT software. I've been using SERT since 2006 on my bike and have learned more reading these posts than I did from all of the studying I did of the manual. Or should I more correctly say, that these threads have brought clarity to what I have been attempting to learn and do with my bike in the tuning realm. Thanks to all again. It is a real treasure to have all of these points of view to study. I am amazed by the knowledge that exists here on the forum and am humbled by those who choose to share this knowlege with those who will take the time to read and study it. Please keep it up this is good stuff!

Old 10-20-2010, 12:12 PM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

alot of good info here