Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What fork springs??

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010 | 03:17 AM
JaronB
|
Ultimate HDF Member
Default What fork springs??

I'm looking at lowering my front end about an inch and upgrading the springs. Search option didn't work so well on this.

My dad is happy with progressive's, been running them for like 15 years. I would like a nice smooth ride for the everyday commute. When I get twisties, I do like to play pretty hard in them. I'm happy with stock stock set up (maybe because I'm not sure what's out there), but putting the 21" front wheel raised the front up a bit.

What do you guys recommend??

Old 09-12-2010 | 04:11 AM
jones654
Intermediate

I used the progressive drop kit. I lowered mine an inch as well. Feels pretty good. Really easy to do as well. Like you, with my wife off the back I like to play hard in the turns. I can feel a little bit of differance from stock to progressive. The progressive is a little bit softer which I like. Anyways, I hope this helps you out. Ride safe

Old 09-12-2010 | 05:26 AM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member

You can look into Burly and Works, they also make springs. If you are happy with how it rides but want it an inch lower, you can slide your fork tubes up in the trees an inch until you decide on something else.

Old 09-12-2010 | 05:27 AM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jones654
I used the progressive drop kit. I lowered mine an inch as well. Feels pretty good. Really easy to do as well. Like you, with my wife off the back I like to play hard in the turns. I can feel a little bit of differance from stock to progressive. The progressive is a little bit softer which I like. Anyways, I hope this helps you out. Ride safe
Do you get any brake dive with the Progressive kit?

Old 09-12-2010 | 05:47 AM
jones654
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nkauf21
Do you get any brake dive with the Progressive kit?

I did a little. When I took it out for the test run I felt I was too soft so I put I think maybe an OZ more in the tubes and it worked. I had to relearn how to ride it with the new front suspension but now I am hooked on it. nkauf21 you have an awesome looking bike...Good job man

Old 09-12-2010 | 05:50 AM
jones654
Intermediate

I forgot to add, with the progressive drop kit you can drop it 1-2 inches. I dropped mine 1 inch and slipped my forks up the trees 1/2 inch to get the 1 1/2 inch drop I was wanting. I have lowering blocks on the back and wanted an even drop. It's working great for me even 2 up. I scrape frame on really bad bumps but am about to put some spark blocks under the frame to help with the scraping and also put on a cool a** show.

Old 09-12-2010 | 09:34 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

nkauf , whatever springs you use you will need heavier oil to help rid your bike of brake dive. I feel like my oem springs are ok, but the oil these things come with is just water. I believe the non Screamin Eagle HDs have 5wt fork oil. I am gonna replace mine with 20wt oil regardless of my spring choice. Screamin Eagle fluid is 15wt. Damper rod forks like HD uses have a very free flowing nature to them and require much heavier fluid than a cartridge style fork.

Old 09-12-2010 | 10:29 AM
JaronB
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by jones654
Thanks for the info and feedback

Originally Posted by nkauf21
You can look into Burly and Works, they also make springs. If you are happy with how it rides but want it an inch lower, you can slide your fork tubes up in the trees an inch until you decide on something else.

My forks are as high as they can go in trees right now because my bars won't allow it. I couldn't find the worx drop ins. I went to their website and they just seemed to be all rear shock info.

Old 09-12-2010 | 10:30 AM
JaronB
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Does anyone have feedback on the burly drop ins??

Old 09-12-2010 | 11:32 AM
Vinsil
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by JaronB
Does anyone have feedback on the burly drop ins??

I believe they are just rebadged Progressives.

Jaron...I have a set of Progressive front springs I'll never use. They are not the drop in style, but you should change your fork oil to something heavier anyway..., so dropping the sliders isn't that big a deal, just a little more time. If you want to lower your bike, just like the drop in's you cut the spacer the amount you want to lower it.

I'll make you a killer deal on them. New in box.

Quick Reply: What fork springs??