Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What fork springs??

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010 | 01:07 PM
JaronB
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Vinsil
I believe they are just rebadged Progressives.

Jaron...I have a set of Progressive front springs I'll never use. They are not the drop in style, but you should change your fork oil to something heavier anyway..., so dropping the sliders isn't that big a deal, just a little more time. If you want to lower your bike, just like the drop in's you cut the spacer the amount you want to lower it.

I'll make you a killer deal on them. New in box.

Aren't they all drop ins?? I thought they all come with that PVC piece too if i remember right. Shoot me a PM with a price.

Old 09-12-2010 | 06:16 PM
JaronB
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks again Vinsil

Anybody else out have reviews on drop ins other then progressives??

Old 09-12-2010 | 06:34 PM
fm58
Tourer

I have Progressives. They are the way to go.

Old 09-12-2010 | 07:04 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned

Neither works or race tech make a lowering spring that I know of and like Vinsil posted the burly and others are repackaged progressives. I would go with the original progressive lowering kit that uses the top out springs under the damper tubes and not the drop in kit, yes it is more work. The drop in kit just adds a boat load of sag to lower it and tries to make up for the excess extension travel with a "compensation" spring to absorb the rebound gap created by shortening the spring. My beef is there is no way to set preload, you get what you get where ever you end up lowering it at. With the original kit you at least have some tuning capability with preload and different weight fluids.
Just my
CB

Old 09-12-2010 | 08:15 PM
JaronB
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by fm58
I have Progressives. They are the way to go.
Do you have a part number by any chance. I've found 2 different ones on J&P for our bikes. I know I need to do a lot more shopping and reading, but just for comparisons with you part number to help with info would be great. Thanks!

Originally Posted by cbz1200n
Neither works or race tech make a lowering spring that I know of and like Vinsil posted the burly and others are repackaged progressives. I would go with the original progressive lowering kit that uses the top out springs under the damper tubes and not the drop in kit, yes it is more work. The drop in kit just adds a boat load of sag to lower it and tries to make up for the excess extension travel with a "compensation" spring to absorb the rebound gap created by shortening the spring. My beef is there is no way to set preload, you get what you get where ever you end up lowering it at. With the original kit you at least have some tuning capability with preload and different weight fluids.
Just my
CB
HMM! more reading to do now! Thanks for the input.

Old 09-12-2010 | 08:23 PM
jones654
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cbz1200n
Just my
CB
Jaron, I have the drop in kit that cbz1200n is talking about. Yeah it's more work but I think it's worth it. I had the whole front end apart and put all back together in about 2 hours. It's not that hard and the directions don't help that much but if you have some mechanical common sence, you can make it work.

Old 09-12-2010 | 08:31 PM
JaronB
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Well it looks like progressive is the way to go and they only have one model currently for the 49mm front end. CBZ, from what I've read the ones you're talking about are the old version of the progressives. That was what vinsil has, but more work then I feel like doing right now.

http://www.progressivesuspension.com/dropin/index.html