Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

throw-over saddle bags with solo seat???

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Dale_K
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's right - Tourmaster. The only thing is the bags are very small. I only needed space to bring back a sticky bun from Perkins on Sunday morning, lol. Works good on a bakery run.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:15 PM
mahagowitz
Cruiser

my $7 solo bag, sorry crappy cell pic at work

Name:  IMAG0054.jpg
Views: 4310
Size:  18.2 KB

Old 09-13-2010, 02:11 AM
clicker01
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by T-Dub
Here's what I did, Used some cheap brackets, which are basically a metal rod between two washers and bent, and mounted them to my bike with existing hardware. Then lined the bags up and marked the back of the bags where the brackets were. Drilled some small holes in the bag on either side of the bracket marks and inserted zipties. lined the bags up on the brackets and ziptied them to the brackets. Then I cut the center strap completely off. My bags are hard-mounted, so they don't come off. Since I have had bags on my bob, I have never had a need to remove them. I got some great locking bags from ebay for 60 bucks. If you would like pictures, PM me.
T-Dub... where's the freakin' pics man? LOL!
You guys that have posted up your solos seat saddlebag pics, please get with T-Dub and show him how it's done! And they look good, a lot better than I imagined. I'm getting tired of feeding the vending machines to get a bottle of water to wet my whistle, I'll be following suit soon. Thanks for the ideas fellas!

Old 09-13-2010, 07:50 AM
GlassBikerNC
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Check out these. I have bought several from here and have been happy with the quality.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:07 AM
Northern Cowboy
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Link?

Old 09-13-2010, 08:10 AM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by love4steel
Im looking at getting some cheap throw-overs for my bob... But I got a solo seat only. Anyone been down this road already - Can it work?
This would be good to protect your rear fender and give you a base for your bags. Stays where you put it, easily removed and doesn't leave any marking on fender.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ard-basic.html

Last edited by Cornhusker; 09-13-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:36 PM
fhaley
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The throw over bags works great, just be sure and use something to hold down the bottoms. They can catch the air and fly off the back,(know from experiance), if they arent tied down. Doesn't have to be much. Mouse pad is a good idea. Wish I would have had that all along, as my rear fender has kind of a dull haze where my bags have been laying.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:13 PM
GlassBikerNC
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I could have sworn I put the link in...

Sorry

http://www.carolinaleatherworks.com/leatsad.html

Old 05-16-2014, 04:00 PM
Kathy's Life's-Ride
Stage IV
Default Throwovers

Hi there. I am also in the search for throwovers for my 2011 Nightster. I don't want bags permanently. I am not a wrencher either, so please keep that in mind with this question. I have a solo seat. I understand by the responses, that I can still have a throwover under the seat. What I don't understand is where to tie the bags down on the "spring" or "coil". Can someone upload a close up pic on their's so I can see specifically where to do this if I buy. I haven't purchased yet because of not knowing... Thanks!

Last edited by Kathy's Life's-Ride; 05-16-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:30 PM
jojo2dog
Road Captain

when I had a solo seat on my 2008 dyna I put a motherwell rack on the fender and put the bags over the rack, used wire ties to tie it down and the rack protected the fender it also looks better that way than just throwing them over the fender, and gives a lot of options to tie it down.

Quick Reply: throw-over saddle bags with solo seat???