Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dealer race download questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 01:48 AM
NEONNIGHT34609
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dealer race download questions

OK so i go to the dealer today 40 miles from my house to get the "needed download" for my 2006 street bob i am only running slip ons right now but i bought a K&N air filter assy with the backing plate and all that good stuff. i was under the impression that the down load was only a basic down load so i did not install the air filter since the bike is already running lean i did not want to risk the 40 mile trip .. i get to the dealer and asked him a few questions and come to find out its Little more then just a down load and he will need the air filter installed so he can set the bike up the right way .. he said there are adjustments on the download that need to be adjusted for each bike and setup .. does the make sense ? the download is 200$ he said if i have any issues with it he will re-tune the back back to stock and give me back my money .. he did not want to touch the bike without all the parts being installed before and of the downloads where installed .. this kinda set me at ease thinking there would be alittle more to the setup then just a basic download

Old 09-10-2006, 02:43 AM
Whiffleboy
Road Master
Default RE: dealer race download questions

First of all, it seems they may be a little pricey on their downloads, if that's what they're selling you. The MSRP should be around $150. Real value is about 1/2 that at best. Regardless, it seems they are requiring that you have your A/C and exhaust on there before they upload so that their *** is covered. It's like they're almost forcing you to have them install your upgraded parts because 1) you'll run lean on the way up there if they're already installed or 2) if they're not installed, you won't get the download.

Just my observations...

Whiffleboy

Old 09-10-2006, 07:54 AM
Black Bart
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Neon,
Does your Bob have the 8* or 25* injectors? My 06 Low Rider had the 8* injectors. I took it in and had the 25* injectors installed under warranty. At that time they also did the download to the ECM for the new injectors. Since then I've installed SE slip-ons and SE A/C. I've noticed no popping or backfiring on decel. I also have the SERT that I've yet to use. The dealer told me if it's not backfiring then I'm OK. I've noticed since the install of the new injectors that the bike is running cooler than before. If you have the 25* injectors in your Bob, you might get away with installing the A/C and running it that way. Guess you could install it and ride around the block to see how it runs. If doesn't run right put the original A/C back on. Hope this helps.

Old 09-10-2006, 11:30 AM
NEONNIGHT34609
Road Captain

the bob does have 25 degree injectors already from factory

Old 09-10-2006, 11:47 AM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: NEONNIGHT34609

the bob does have 25 degree injectors already from factory
Are you just assuming this or did you check your bike to see?

I have the 8° on my 2006 and the bike runs fine.

I'd put the AC on and ride it. If it seems too lean, take some duct tape and cover up some of the AC untill the bike runs decently and take it to the dealer. Remove the tape when you get there.

Basically, you are blocking the extra airflow to keep it from running too lean.

Old 09-10-2006, 12:24 PM
soup48
Road Captain

I had the download before I installed the a/c and the bike ran just fine until it started giving me trouble and the dealer changed the injectors. This is after I had installed the a/c.

Old 09-10-2006, 04:24 PM
NEONNIGHT34609
Road Captain

i checked the #s when i first got the bike to make sure it had the 25 degree injectors. i know there was a recall on it so i wanted to make sure my bike came though with the right injectors .. alot of people are saying go with a sert or pciii but i dont like the thought of all that extra stuff and i am not really lookin to change anything else after this. i would just like the bike to breath better and boost the rev limiter. the bike came factory lean they all do and i cant see how the download would lean it more so it has to do better then the factory setup..

the bike does pop everyonce in awhile when i roll off the throttle too fast. i only have the slip ons installed at the moment..

also i hear that the bike will run cooler and sound better after the download is this true ??

Old 09-10-2006, 08:08 PM
mikec
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Talked to my dealer a lot about this. Unless I run the SE exhaust
and A/C, they will not guarantee results. They wanted to do a base
run and take it from there at my expense. I don't think their trying
to screw me, but trying to be honest with me. Also, they told me
go ahead and try the A/C. Keep an eye on excesive popping and
heating. They felt with the O2 sensors that even the small compensation
there capable of may keep me in the safe zone. I've not tried this
yet because HD hasn't come up with a oil thermometer yet for
my bike. I too would like a better breathing bike, but not ready
to drop the bucks on it just yet. I think with a little time someone
will come up with a better upgrade similar to what the autos have now.