Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone see the Exile Dyna?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Bones77
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Road many a dirt bike before I had hair on the twins. I don't care for it. Admittedly I'm narrow minded. I expect a dirt bike to be a dirt bike and a Harley to be a Harley. My idea of a Harley doesn't include a dirt bike suspension. Just my humble opinion.

Bones.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:19 AM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 782 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by hommes
For good reason.

For less money you can get a Bimota or a Ducati.

They look better and I'll bet my *** they will smoke that hunk a junk.

"To see how bitchin this bike is, you'd have to wanna ride it like it's designed to be ridden"....this is a truly confusing sentence. What I see is a bastardized rice burner. And how would you know that it has all those attributes you have given it...have you ridden it?

this isn't a matter of that bike vs either of those bikes..which both of those will get dry humped by any off the floor jap litre bike. the point here, to me at least is they took a pretty blank canvas dyna and actually did cool **** to it. Yes they missed the mark a little here and there, but considering..to me at least a dyna with 10in shocks, whitewalls, forwards, sissy bars, apes and willie g skulls not only misses the mark but makes baby jesus puke..well I'd rather err on the side of that bike than what you prefer. flame away, I've heard it all.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:27 AM
hommes
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Dooley
You can tell those of us that grew up on dirt bikes from those who did not by the reaction to this bike. LOL
I like it!!
Well, if you mean you grew up on dirt bikes and like it so all those who grew up on dirt bikes like it you are dead wrong.

I don't like it and I grew up on dirt bikes. BTW, I don't think the Exile goal was to make a dirt bike. I don't think this bike is anything really except a hunk a junk.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:42 AM
jim425
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd just buy a Buehl.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:44 AM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 782 Likes on 353 Posts

I love me some dyna (and sporty) street trackers.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:24 AM
Big Jed
Advanced

Well, if you mean you grew up on dirt bikes and like it so all those who grew up on dirt bikes like it you are dead wrong.

I don't like it and I grew up on dirt bikes. BTW, I don't think the Exile goal was to make a dirt bike. I don't think this bike is anything really except a hunk a junk.

.....Amen brother.....

Old 09-10-2010, 07:40 AM
TORQUEY
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

To each his own, but those prices! Have you checked out the entire list??? Unpainted kits for 30K??? Painted bikes for over 50K? My new FatBoy was 16K!!! I could strip it down for free if I really wanted to. I wonder how much extra it would cost to make it uncomfortable and ugly?

BTW, I kind of liked the dirt bike look with the orange wheels. It's the rest of the catalog that left me cold. Check out the line-up. Like I said, to each his own.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:03 AM
goblin127
Tourer

I'm allright with the style. The fender and KTM lookin wheels irritate me though.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Dooley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8,972 Likes on 1,475 Posts

No, I mean there is probably a better than average chance that those of us who DO like it grew up on dirt bikes.

I don't think anyone, even Exile regards this as a serious attempt at a dirt bike....although I would have a lot of fun with it SuperMotard style on city streets and maybe a dirt road or two.

Last edited by Dooley; 09-10-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:46 PM
mang0
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

i like the inverted forks, any benefit of those other than coolness...?

Quick Reply: Anyone see the Exile Dyna?