Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lessons from the Road

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010 | 04:25 PM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member

I agree with many items on the list, but I ain't taking no 4 day trip without a change of underwear or two and an extra shirt.

Old 09-07-2010 | 04:31 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by CRF
That reminds me of one I forgot.....

Leave the Wife/Girlfriend/Significant Other at Home: No matter how much they tell you they enjoy riding - they are lying. They would much rather be at the mall or the spa. In fact; chances are that you are going to have to stop at a mall at some point on your bike trip if they come along. The real reason they want to tag along is to keep an eye on you and ensure you aren't having any fun without them. Women hate the idea of you having fun unless they are part of it. Plus, deep down; they don't trust you - not that they should but I'm just saying..........
Man, that is one crappy statement to make. I agreed with all of the other ones but some of us girls would rather ride than shop - unless shopping is for bike parts. Then I'm the one forking out the $$ for the hubby. You should change/alter that rule or risk making some of us girls' VERY unhappy. Who would want to risk that??

Old 09-07-2010 | 04:35 PM
CRF
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by overhead
I agree with many items on the list, but I ain't taking no 4 day trip without a change of underwear or two and an extra shirt.
meh - 2-3 days aint no big thing plus: wherever you are going......... they sell those there - no need to pack em.

Old 09-07-2010 | 04:38 PM
CRF
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by lockednloaded
Man, that is one crappy statement to make. I agreed with all of the other ones but some of us girls would rather ride than shop - unless shopping is for bike parts. Then I'm the one forking out the $$ for the hubby. You should change/alter that rule or risk making some of us girls' VERY unhappy. Who would want to risk that??
relax..... it's all lighthearted and besides - there's an exception to every rule. On a more important note:

..... you've noticed that the hot chicks from small towns all have that sexy rough voice too? do you like it? I kinda do...... it's sorta sexy you know? ..........

Last edited by CRF; 09-07-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-07-2010 | 05:15 PM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by CRF
meh - 2-3 days aint no big thing plus: wherever you are going......... they sell those there - no need to pack em.
Yeah, I know. I do not think anybody really wants to hear how it is I learned to change my underwear daily . When it comes to this stuff I may have the worst luck ever. If I need something while on a trip it is bond to be at least 100 miles to the place where I can buy it.

Honestly man I usually camp so I already have a sleeping bag and a tent or something to make a lean to out of anyway. Wrapping up some clothes in the sleeping bag and stuffing them in the sack doesn't really add much to my load.

Old 09-07-2010 | 05:18 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member

Well, I do now live in a small town......Most of the ones around here with that rough voice also have harley teeth (1 down, 4 up) and extra facial hair from what I have seen. I, personally, don't find that very sexy. How about you???

Old 09-07-2010 | 05:22 PM
bcmiles
Cruiser

...have harley teeth (1 down, 4 up)...
Nice!

Old 09-07-2010 | 05:32 PM
CRF
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Well, I do now live in a small town......Most of the ones around here with that rough voice also have harley teeth (1 down, 4 up) and extra facial hair from what I have seen. I, personally, don't find that very sexy. How about you???

OK - that's pretty funny........ and no those aren't the ones I'm talking about LOL

Old 09-07-2010 | 05:35 PM
LoveHate
Tourer

Originally Posted by PKellyMc
...and they calculate their fuel in liters & Euros.
I also ... one liter costs one euro ... calculus is easy

In Europe, BMW riders are people in uniform gray clothes and gray helmets. Move on groups of 5-6, and all bikes have navsats ... why I do not know...

Old 09-07-2010 | 07:09 PM
paul987
Advanced

great stuff! I hav'nt heard Brenda Vaccaro's name in twenty years!!

Quick Reply: Lessons from the Road