Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedometer lens

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 12:43 AM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

+1 on the problem Every one of our 3 Harley's have that residue caused by condensation. Fogs up, leaves droplets, then it evaporates. Like everyone else said, not much you can do. We tried getting replacements from Harley, but was told it's not a "defect" that all of them do it, especially bikes in states that have big fluctuation between daytime and night temps.
What I'm finding is my headlamp lens is getting to look hazy after 4 seasons of riding. I'm assuming it's because I always run with my High Beams engaged.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:02 PM
pcbunn
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, sounds like a common problem so I'll just live with it. However, how hard would it be for HD to put a one way vent in the unit like my John Deer tractor has? You would think they would address these small, insignificant but irritating issues but I quess not!

Old 09-16-2010, 04:52 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior

LOL.......... I gave up on most companies using common sense or innovation (other than the Japanese) when it comes to things that would benefit the consumer. I dont know how much replacement gauges cost, but I'll bet people who are fanatical about the looks of their bike will spend the money to do just that.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:01 PM
pcbunn
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

You're absolutely correct, and just think how inovative HD would be with adjustable levers, adjustable suspension and if nothing else just better quality control.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:47 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior

+1 on that .... Heck, I'd settle for them offering ABS BRAKES as optional equipment on Dyna's like they did for the Softail line. The MoCo better buck up and get their act together because Honda and Polaris have their eye on taking over the Bike world like they did the Auto's. The ONLY think HD has over the others is the nicer looking finish on their standard controls on the handlebars. The crappy looking master cylinders, hand controls, and butt ugly mirrors on the metric bikes really takes a back seat to Harley, but makes their bikes base price a lot lower. Just my opinion though.