Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to replace top triple tree so I can use risers

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010 | 08:09 PM
editbrain
|
Road Warrior

@ blueangel73

All I need is an 1/2 to an inch back with the stock bars, and I think I will be good. Looking at the pics.. I might be able to get that with the 2" riser. Seems quick and painless to install. Pretty good price as well, and would allow me to get a nice solo bag or a single side bag from a guy here on HD Forums who makes them.

I think I am going to give the loaner a shot. Do you think the 2" will bring the bars back an inch?

Old 09-06-2010 | 08:12 PM
tomclark81
Intermediate

Edit, I have a set of trees from my '08 FXDC that I replaced with wideglide trees. If you are interested let me know. Tom

Old 09-06-2010 | 08:42 PM
editbrain
|
Road Warrior

I guess I should ask. Will that work??

Old 09-06-2010 | 08:54 PM
tomclark81
Intermediate

I don't know, they are 49mm midglide. Check out the part numbers and compatability, if they will work and you wat them let me know.

Old 09-07-2010 | 12:11 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by editbrain
I guess I should ask. Will that work??
Those will fit the bill... Any 49mm mid glide trees that have the bolted in riser will work for you. They are commonly found here for sale,and a complete new setup will run you around 250 bux new from a non ripoff HD dealer like Chicago HD or Zanottis. Use this link to determine part fitments in the future.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....m_oem/hdmc.asp

In this case you want to check part numbers on triple clamps for a 2006 Dyna Streetbob (NON integrated risers) and compare that part number or numbers to a 2008 FXDC superglide custom. If they are the same than you have confirmed your fitment. Another member gave me this link and I have found it to be a valuable tool. Save it in your favorites. Thanks WS6

Last edited by parts eeter; 09-07-2010 at 12:16 AM.
Old 09-07-2010 | 05:37 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by editbrain
@ blueangel73

All I need is an 1/2 to an inch back with the stock bars, and I think I will be good. Looking at the pics.. I might be able to get that with the 2" riser. Seems quick and painless to install. Pretty good price as well, and would allow me to get a nice solo bag or a single side bag from a guy here on HD Forums who makes them.

I think I am going to give the loaner a shot. Do you think the 2" will bring the bars back an inch?
I got the 1" riser on mine here are some pics. It's seems to be between 1/4" - 1/2" back. If you look through the forum there are a few people that also have the 2" riser, just look around for them. Also, it took me about 10min to install them, just find someone to hold the bars for you. I believe the 1" or 2" riser don't require you to change any cables, I didn't and it seems there is at least another inch or two left to go.

Attached Thumbnails Want to replace top triple tree so I can use risers-sb18.jpg   Want to replace top triple tree so I can use risers-sb19.jpg   Want to replace top triple tree so I can use risers-sb22.jpg   Want to replace top triple tree so I can use risers-sb21.jpg  

Last edited by blueangel73; 09-07-2010 at 05:42 AM.
Old 09-19-2010 | 11:42 AM
hajimetai
Novice

I am also looking for the tree top. Please contact me at hajimetai@hotmail.com if you got one. Thanks!

Old 09-21-2010 | 09:19 AM
Outlaw85wilk
Advanced

Originally Posted by blueangel73
look at http://lonerindustries.com/Products.aspx, they have 4" riser made just for the SB riser/tree combo, he might have to make to order though according to the site. I got the 1" and they are great.
I am so glad I found this! I went yesterday to quote some Chubby apes for my bike and was worried about the chubby bars hitting my forks. lol I thought to myself someone should make something like this to get around Harleys way of making you buy a new tree to get fat bars! This man was thinking the same thing as me but he has the skills and tools to build them... I guess he will also have some of my money now that I have found this!

Old 09-21-2010 | 09:51 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Originally Posted by Outlaw85wilk
I am so glad I found this! I went yesterday to quote some Chubby apes for my bike and was worried about the chubby bars hitting my forks. lol I thought to myself someone should make something like this to get around Harleys way of making you buy a new tree to get fat bars! This man was thinking the same thing as me but he has the skills and tools to build them... I guess he will also have some of my money now that I have found this!
Not sure if the SB trees are fitted for 1" or 1.25" bars but if they are for 1" bars, then make sure any bars you buy step down to 1" at the risers.

Example:

Notice how the bars become thinner at the risers? That is what's called "step down".

Old 09-22-2010 | 12:21 PM
Outlaw85wilk
Advanced

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Not sure if the SB trees are fitted for 1" or 1.25" bars but if they are for 1" bars, then make sure any bars you buy step down to 1" at the risers.

Example:

Notice how the bars become thinner at the risers? That is what's called "step down".
Thanks for the tip! the bars that I want step down to 1". I would have kicked myself if I bought some that didnt and found out I couldnt fit them.

Quick Reply: Want to replace top triple tree so I can use risers