Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDC 2 into 1

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 10:28 PM
TROD
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&H Big Radius 2 into 1

Just my $0.02 but I like the V&H Big Radius 2 into 1. Got them on my FXDF and it is diffently a different sound. Not too loud, not too quiet. Kinda reminds me of a chevy 350 sound, deep rumble.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:22 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Well I ordered a Samson Powerflow that arrived yesterday and I just finished installing. Too dark and foggy out for a test ride but so far it seems nice. Looks good, fits good, sounds decent and although still in the garage it doesn't seem excessively loud. Took longer to get the stock pipes off than the new ones on - I did notice that the pipe that connected the two stock pipes has a slip joint and when I pulled the pair of them off it slipped right apart, I don't think it was even slightly tightened down at the factory.

At first I thought the new system was missing the carriage bolt to attach it to the bracket so I went and got a stainless one - then I found it after - oh well, I like stainless anyways. Once the stock tranny bracket came off I noticed that the Samson bracket was going to leave about a 1/2" gap between the bracket and the tranny case where that middle bolt goes...........not good, went back to the hardware store for some washers and a aluminum spacer that I'll need to file down later to fit - instructions mention not a thing about said gap. Otherwise the fit was pretty easy - only a slight problem getting the front O2 sensor in the new pipes but going forward a little at a time and backing it out the threads eventually cleaned out to where it would go all the way in.

Gotta ride it tomorrow and take some pix to post when the sun is out but so far I'm pretty happy with it...........good thing cause it waddn't cheap. Just in time for this toy run this W/E. Next up, stage 1 filter kit and TTS.

PS - should I remove that RH forward mounting bracket under the RH timing cover? Doesn't seem to be fouling anything but I didn't want to take the time tonight.