Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDC 2 into 1

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 05:30 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm leaning towards the Samson powerflow and I'm sure this has been asked a 1000 times but can I run the pipe without the air cleaner and tuner? I do plan to add both at some point but with the Samson being the most expensive of the lot ($899) those would need to wait a month or so.

And I think I will go with the TTS and either the Kury or K&N kit at goes under the stock cover but can I use a football off a bagger, Softtail or earlier Dyna model if I order that kit or am I stuck with the teardrop?

Old 09-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Samson_info
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by p51bombay
I'm leaning towards the Samson powerflow and I'm sure this has been asked a 1000 times but can I run the pipe without the air cleaner and tuner? I do plan to add both at some point but with the Samson being the most expensive of the lot ($899) those would need to wait a month or so.

And I think I will go with the TTS and either the Kury or K&N kit at goes under the stock cover but can I use a football off a bagger, Softtail or earlier Dyna model if I order that kit or am I stuck with the teardrop?
keep in mind the Powerflow II is a stepped header for maximum flow for high performance engines. you can build your bike into a 124 monster motor and still use this pipe to reach you most possible power. right now air cleaner upgrade is not needed.
thank you,
JR

the pipes are listed at list price but we have a 10% discount going on right now to at least the end of the year. Dr.V-Twin usually beats our pricing though.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:35 PM
kbcrocheron

I have done a Thunderheader on an XL, a Samson Caliber 2into1 Ray Price edition on my 08 FDXC and have now installed the new V&H Pro Pipe Chrome with Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather intake and Power Commander with a Dyno-Jet Dyno Tune. She Flys!!! The sound and build quality are second to none,

The Caliber was also a nice pipe but this is better. On the road I am getting 55-57 mpg so there is no down side> I ride 27K per year.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:00 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Very happy with my D&D fatcat with quiet core. It has a great sound and great quality.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:04 PM
dyna124
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

D+D has the quiet baffle option.I have one in my borzilla pipe smooth and deep not raspy or hissy but if u open it up they can bark pritty good.Fit and finish are better than any other pipe I have had on any of my bikes

Old 09-16-2010, 09:06 PM
dyna124
4th Gear

Originally Posted by bberck
Very happy with my D&D fatcat with quiet core. It has a great sound and great quality.
DITTO with d+d pipe with quiet baffle option

Old 09-17-2010, 12:26 AM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy
"• Emits a deep, aggressive tone without objectionable noise."
That's pretty much what Cobra says about their Dragsters. At an idle my bike would shake the neighbors windows and their house is at least a football field away! I'm getting a Fat Cat someday soon along with different cams and maybe head work.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:57 AM
nigelgeast
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the best looking is the V&H Long radius 2 into 1 but it is pricey

Old 09-26-2010, 08:38 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Well I ordered a Samson Powerflow and it should be here Tuesday, I also picked up the stage 1 Big Sucker kit so no just a question of which tuner to use. I'm assuming that for the moment I can leave off the stage 1 kit and just run the pipe until I get a tuner? Dealer said go SERT but I read that the TTS was an upgraded RT and TTS used to make the RT so I'll probably go that route.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Patsplace
Cruiser

Become one with the V&H ProPipe. No longer need you be divided. Verily I say onto you, the two shall become one..through the grace of the V&H ProPipe.

I've got one, love it, don't want two pipes and think they all look frigging beautiful. One of the guys on here was talking about wrapping the baffle with the stuff you buy to seal a wood stove door and then SS wiring it on. Sounds good to me. Maybe quieter? Probably.

Quick Reply: FXDC 2 into 1