Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDC 2 into 1

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 09:19 AM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I happen to like how my Supermeg looks but the main reason I got it was my Sideshots were too loud, even with the BCT QQ's. I now have more power with less noise and I can make it quieter in minutes if I feel like it.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:58 AM
filthpig
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I strated with a set of 2-1 pythons and added a modified 3 inch supertrapp muffler. They were cheap, look good, and with enough baffle you can make any of them quiet.

Attached Thumbnails FXDC 2 into 1-2010-009.jpg  
Old 09-13-2010, 04:11 PM
cramil
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like my D&D. It does sound different than a 2-2. Definitely louder than stock but it is pretty tame if your off the throttle and will liven up if you get on it. Great quality too.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:14 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I like my 2-into-1 ... unfortunately, it's not a direct bolt on (had to rework it a little) ....

No problems here with aesthetics or performance ... especially from a [street] performance perspective ....

R/
'Chop

Old 09-13-2010, 05:26 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Grendel4
Just my $.02 worth and just from what I've read --

Not that many people use a 2 into 1 for purely aesthetic purposes. For reasons that I completely understand. Most folks who use a 2 into 1 are doing it for performance purposes. Most of them have gone to a minimum of a High Flow Air Cleaner as well as a tuner of one kind or another. Some have done that and installed cams, high compression pistons and heads, big bore kits, etc, etc. They do it because they want to go fast. Real, real fast.

Since a bone stock 2010 FXDC is about as fast (maybe a little faster) in the 1/4 mile as a stock 1970 Hemi 'Cuda, I'm not sure I quite get it but -- Hey, whatever floats your boat.

If all you want is to look good and run good (completely understandable) I'm not sure a Hi-Performance, singe the hair off a gorilla's ***** at 30 paces, 2 into 1 system is right for you. For one thing, you will very likely have to do a tuner. Keep in mind, most 2 into 1 systems are for PERFORMANCE, not for looks. For another (and this is strictly my personal opinion), Harleys should have 2 exhaust pipes, not one.

But I think that's more 'me' than anything else. My first Harley, a new '77 FX(E), came stock with a 2 into 1 sewer pipe that I hated. Not 'disliked' mind you. Hated. You're probably not old enough to remember, but the economy went straight to hell in 1977, I lost my job, my wife (don't miss her), had to move out of State and almost lost my bike. If they'd found me, they would have snagged it from me. THAT would have hurt. Saved the bike but I had to look at that GD exhaust system for about three more years. Talk about broke? I was so poor, if it had cost a quarter to go around the world, I couldn't get out of sight.

Like I said, it's just my personal opinion. If I think that 2 into 1's on Harleys look like a gunny sack full of warts -- Don't mean nothing. Just me.

Or, is it?

Well, I've never really been normal so why start now? To me the 2 into one looks much nicer, clean lines and all that stuff plus coming from sport bikes it seems much more "normal" but that is just me - although I do like the appearance of the stockers but hard to clean and I'm getting the impression that people point and snicker. LOL I do plan on getting an air cleaner and tuner also but those are easier to choose - I'll likely go with a TTS and the K&N kit that fits under the OEM cover unless something else jumps in front of me, so far I've not really seen anything fully (ok, mostly) covered that I like other than that one. I'm all for more performance even if I may only use it occasionally, might eventually put a 103 kit on but not any time soon.

PS - the only things I remember about 1977 (I was 13) was living in a tiny POS French Canadian town, (in Alberta no less) joining Air Cadets and getting my first cat.........the cat lasted the longest. LOL

Old 09-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,605 Likes on 845 Posts

I've been thinking of the Bub 7 2-1 for my Street Bob.

A quote from the Bub website: "• Emits a deep, aggressive tone without objectionable noise."

I haven't gotten one yet because I want to hear one in person first.

Crazy

Old 09-13-2010, 07:27 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

That's interesting - haven't seen one either but found this on YT - even plugged a few members.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRhJK...eature=related

Old 09-14-2010, 07:24 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,605 Likes on 845 Posts

Thanks for that clip. I like the way that sounds, but I'd still like to hear one in person.

Crazy

Old 09-15-2010, 01:17 AM
cptdenny
Road Warrior

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

When planning my build, which got finished 2 weeks ago, I asked for the most quiet 2 into 1 pipe available. The Bassani Road Rage was recommended and later installed.

Its louder than stock at idle with more of a bass growl. Hit the throttle, hang on and it sounds like you woke a beast with an attitude. Pipe has more ground clearence than stock. The look does grow on you.

Attached Thumbnails FXDC 2 into 1-img_0484.jpg  

Last edited by cptdenny; 09-15-2010 at 01:22 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:43 AM
treadstone
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My VH Big Radius 2-1 sounds pretty humble compared to other bikes, but it is built to perform and sounds like a mean big bored machine when I get on it. It tends to give me the occasional pop on decel. too. You will loose some ground clearance w/this one, the front pipe hangs a bit low. I actually dumped my 09'SB last week when a cager pulled out right in front of me while I was going about 40mph. I may go with a VH 2-2 when I get it repaired. Not sure yet which pipe though, still browsing some youtube videos..maybe the side shots or the BR 2-2's. Part of me believes that if I had a louder pipe the ***** (he fled the scene) would have heard me coming at least.
Overall it is a really solid pipe, looks sharp, sounds awsome, and does perform.

Quick Reply: FXDC 2 into 1