Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header wrap over heat shields

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010 | 04:10 PM
Col.Squirt
|
Cruiser
Default Header wrap over heat shields

So I have the Chrome V&H Short Shots on the bike now. I was brain storming earlier while at work (slow day due to the weather, spent part of it at the bar though ),and was thinking of wrapping the pipes in some black header wrap. Thought the chrome and black difference may look petty sick (I'm know it's already been done, LOTS of times. But this is MY bike!)

I was wondering though if wrapping the pipes, which already have heat shield's on them, would do any damage. What are your thoughts on this? I know wrapping may lead to cracks, but what if the heat shields are already in place? Will it make it even more prone to crack?

Also, could I start wrapping them where they start to bend, as opposed to right where they meet the motor?

Old 09-03-2010 | 06:57 PM
slick willy 73
Advanced

I have an 07 street bob with short shots. I stripped off the heat shields and wrapped the pipes, works great on mine and helps keep the old *** a little cooler. I have not heard anything about cracks, would like to know alittle more. Check out my garage and let me know what you think.