Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New wheels for my 06 Low Rider...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 11:32 PM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure there gonna look awesome! As for the negative comments, check out the DNA threads in the softail forums. There are plenty of unhappy customers as well as a few satisfied ones, kinda hit & miss. But then again, I run Performance Machine rims and have heard negative comments about them too. I have them 3 years and they look like the day I bought them! Post up pics when you get them on.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:17 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NoShoes84
Hey bro, if they were good enough for Boskens ride then I see no issue. IMO his bob pretty much owns all. You never told me if you had a bad experience or not. I'm not being a dick I really want to know. You talk like you can pretty much guarantee they will suck. Seriously, if I wasted a grand a little heads up would be nice. I just spent like 30 mins and I only see 1 dude complaining about them. Help a brotha out...

Bosken had to machine spacers to fit his wheels. The DNA wheels can be a tricky install. I speak only from what I have read so I may be wrong. I would probably recommend a call to the vendor and verify part numbers and direct bolt on fitment. If they say they fit then I would be happy. The quality looks nice and the fitment is the only concern you should have.
Tires I would say ME880 Metzelers, I may wait to order them until you verify previous. Hope that helps you out.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:09 AM
NoShoes84
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ghostrider69
Several people purchased front wheels from them that would not fit because the hubs where machine the wrong width. Trying to get an exchange was like pulling teeth. I'm not sure if all of them even got an exchange. Their tubeless spoke wheels have been known to leak so a lot of people run tubes in them. If I am not mistaken you have to drill the stem hole in the rim larger to accept a tube stem. They have been known to be very helpfull when it comes to selling something but a real pain in the azz when what they sell you is not what you expected, wrong or faulty. One particular vendor here on the forum quite carrying DNA wheels because of these very reasons. Don't get me wrong, I hope you have a good experience with them. I don't like to see anyone getting screwed on any deals. Like I said earlier, please keep us posted.
I paid $200 extra for the front hub because of the goofy **** HD did in 06/07. The "Tech" I talked to said that they had to order the hub because they don't have any for the 06/07 mid-glide trees. Makes sense...they only used this hub for 2 years. The newer stuff has 25mm(?) bearings. I told the lady on the phone I wanted to bolt them on period. She assured me I wouldn't have issues. Her name was Rina.

I think I am going to give her another call today. I need some reassurance...This is what happens when I buy stuff on a whim. Maybe I should have went with black bike wheels.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:26 AM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member

I paid $200 extra for the front hub because of the goofy **** HD did in 06/07. The "Tech" I talked to said that they had to order the hub because they don't have any for the 06/07 mid-glide trees. Makes sense...they only used this hub for 2 years. The newer stuff has 25mm(?) bearings. I told the lady on the phone I wanted to bolt them on period. She assured me I wouldn't have issues. Her name was Rina.

I think I am going to give her another call today. I need some reassurance...This is what happens when I buy stuff on a whim. Maybe I should have went with black bike wheels.
I hope they work out for you. The set-up will look awesome. I haven't done any research about DNA so I can't speak about them as a company but if you decide these aren't going to work out, Black Bike is great. They did my wheels with the stock hubs and they do amazing work.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:29 AM
NoShoes84
Cruiser

Originally Posted by nkauf21
I hope they work out for you. The set-up will look awesome. I haven't done any research about DNA so I can't speak about them as a company but if you decide these aren't going to work out, Black Bike is great. They did my wheels with the stock hubs and they do amazing work.
You running tubes in yours?

Old 09-02-2010, 11:05 AM
NoShoes84
Cruiser

Read this thread https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...killed-me.html and promptly canceled order. They were just as friendly but a little more persistent and wanted to know where I read this. They put me on the phone with "Alex" who claimed to be VP of company. He said their wheels never leak and only the fat spoke radials have come back with that issue. He assured me that I would never have to pay shipping if something was wrong. He also told me they manufacture wheels for Indian and Big Dog bikes but it's all irrelevant. I told him if it comes down to having cool wheels and being alive...I'm gonna have to choose alive every time. They canceled the order and the lady said she completely understands. Now let's see if the money goes back into my account.

I call this parade officially rained out...

Anyone have any other recommendations for this set up besides black bike? They have good prices but I might as well shop around now.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:55 AM
fxdx-fly-by
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

i belive when i was looking into the DNA springer front end on the triumph bobber that all i could find is "DO NOT ATTACH" or" DO NOT ATTEMPT" for what dna meant.. lol but if they work then great man

Old 09-02-2010, 12:18 PM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Read this thread https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...killed-me.html and promptly canceled order. They were just as friendly but a little more persistent and wanted to know where I read this. They put me on the phone with "Alex" who claimed to be VP of company. He said their wheels never leak and only the fat spoke radials have come back with that issue. He assured me that I would never have to pay shipping if something was wrong. He also told me they manufacture wheels for Indian and Big Dog bikes but it's all irrelevant. I told him if it comes down to having cool wheels and being alive...I'm gonna have to choose alive every time. They canceled the order and the lady said she completely understands. Now let's see if the money goes back into my account.

Anyone have any other recommendations for this set up besides black bike? They have good prices but I might as well shop around now.
Glad you looked up a couple threads on DNA. I seen quite a few over in the softail forum thats why I mentioned it. Check out ride wrights wheels and then talk to Dr. V-twin(Drew), he's hooked up quite a few forum members with some pretty good deals.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:36 PM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member

You running tubes in yours?
I am running tubes.

Aside from Black Bike, also check out hdwheels.com. I hear they also do good work.

Old 09-02-2010, 01:04 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Good decision.

Quick Reply: New wheels for my 06 Low Rider...