Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pros & Cons buying a new Low Rider for me ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 01:40 AM
clayman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pros & Cons buying a new Low Rider for me ?

I think when i get this one all paid for(06 fxdbi) i will be going for an old shovel, they are by far my favorite harley engine. First harley i had was a 79 superglide in a ridgid frame. Ive seen a couple of older late 70s and early 80s dynas stripped right down and man they looked good.

Old 09-08-2006, 02:00 AM
Slash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 111 Likes on 48 Posts

ORIGINAL: cj_slowdown

Pros & Cons buying a new Low Rider for me ?

The better good news, chicks don't asked, never wondered "what year is that bike" they don't care, it's not a car.

I must have been nuts !

cj
Yep,just like a Jeep Wrangler.My 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara has low miles,looks great and most people can't tell the difference between it and a new one.I'm going to keep on driving it and put my money into my new (and my 1st) HD.

From what you're saying here I'd keep your old shovel,fix it up and never look back.....

Old 09-08-2006, 07:25 AM
Rocket350
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought a new 2007 lowrider. I have always wanted a harley, and it's about time I got one. This is the fist thing I have ever bought BRAND NEW. I plan on keeping it for many many years. I can turn a wrench too, but you get to that point - and you know what I'm talking about - where you like to work on things because you WANT to, not because you NEED to!

I bought a 1972 Olds Cutlass about 7 yrs ago. I still have it, and drive it everyday. I paid a little extra for it, BUT... it's DONE. I run into people all the time... "wow, nice car man, I have an old Mustang, someday I'll fix her up... Just replaced the distributor...." But it never happens. They pay a few hundred, put in a few hundred, maybe a few grand, and end up selling it because they are tired of working on it.

I would ask myself, am I really going to restore this? If not, buy a new one, and save the ol shovel for the weekends to tool with. And then RIDE the new bike! But it takes $$$$$.

I bought an 07 because I can work on it on MY TERMS.

Old 09-08-2006, 08:40 PM
cj_slowdown
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<”ReeseSS”>

<”Pros and cons of buying a new low rider for you?

Con, Why would I want to buy you a bike?
Pro.... Not any “>

ReeseSS, Ahhh, Well Ahhh, we never met, and Ahhh even if we did, Ahhhh you’re a dude, dude ! Ahhh why would I ask you to buy me a bike ?
Ahhh, never mind : - )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

<<<<<<<<<<<<&l t;<<<<<<<

<”SPECIAL ED”>

<”Damn you almost talked me out of the 06 Dyna I already have.The fuel injection is a headache .And the "closed loop" ? on the 06s is so new very few people really know how to tune it.It can be done and this is the place to learn how to do it but I'd rather have 1 carb. Any numbskull can rejet a single but with the FI I hope you have a laptop or a computer in your garage.I wonder if anybody makes a kit to rip the fuel injection off a twincam and replace it with a big CV or flatslide? “>

“Damn you almost talked me out of the 06 Dyna I already have” : - )))))))))))))
Since I said this before I know crap about FI and closed loop on a harley, true I know way more than I did a few weeks ago, thanks to some of you owners, but it’s just (for me) another Con in the column.

As for a computer in the garage, no but I use one all day at work and the thought of hooking my laptop up to my bike seems a little over the top, I mean it could be very cool, but…. : - )

Rip the FI off ?? no come on, if I had it I would live with it.

ED, you really got me w/that first line, almost had to go get the mop ! but I made it to the bathroom, almost pissed myself !! : - )))

cj

<<<<<<<<<<<<&l t;<<<<<<<

<grunt”>

<”Why would you want to? a) new ride
b) new ride to customize
c) you want a new ride
That's about it.
Cons

a) costs more than an old ride
b) you already have a bike
c) you don't want a new ride

That's about it “>

Close,

a) yes
b) no freaking way to go down that road again !
c) not so much now

a) that depends, if I add up all I spent on this one over the years, it would be close
b) true
c) 90% sure of that

cj

<<<<<<<<<<<<&l t;<<<<<<<

<voyager1”>

<”lmao. yep,good rant,sounds like u going to keep the old one (for the chicks). no chicks here,just cows ..moo moooo,plenty of hogs here tho ))))) “>

Noooo, voyager1, would never base a buy like that over a chick ! hay don’t count them cows out of the picture, odds are the cows could,
just could be better looking than some of the chicks around here : - ))))

Renee, I am only kidding, damn it !!!!

cj

<<<<<<<<<<<<&l t;<<<<<<<

<”KBFXDLI”>

<”I really like my new LowRider but you do have to spend about $2k to get it "right". But a good stage 1 job done by a trained dyno tech will make a world of difference. But either way......a Harley Davidson motorcycle never goes out of style......it's like a vintage Porsche or Mercedes......always has class. IMO”>

I couldn’t have said any better, just like to add my stage 1 is .30 over : - )))))

cj

<<<<<<<<<<<<&l t;<<<<<<<

<”BlackOak”>

<”Dump the money into the shovel..... “>

Right to the point, and a very good point BlackOak !

cj

<<<<<<<<<<<<&l t;<<<<<<<

<”PoleCat”>

<”Well CJ, I'm lost. Are you asking us to try to talk you into getting a newer bike?
or out of wanting a newer bike? “>

Fair question, actually I don’t know ?

<”It actually seems to me like you got everything unde

Old 09-08-2006, 10:38 PM
clayman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy crap thats gotta be the worlds longest post, gotta give you credit you answered everybody.

Old 09-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Sandhog
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I kept my 84 FXRS when I bought the 06 Wide Glide.

Old 09-09-2006, 07:53 PM
cj_slowdown
Road Warrior

<"clayman">

<"Holy crap thats gotta be the worlds longest post, gotta give you credit you answered everybody.">

long ? you should see some of the political forums I've been on ! : - )))

On answering everyone, since people took the time to reply, I guess I could at least do the same.

It could have been worst clayman, I could have answered each one separately !!!!! : - )

I am going to try to show my ride, the site say after setting it up "test it" ? I guess heres my test

(back, damn a little small)

cj

<<<<<<<<<<<<&l t;<<<<<<

<"Sandhog">

<"I kept my 84 FXRS when I bought the 06 Wide Glide. ">

Smart move, always give more time to the idea of selling/keeping something, it's a difference story if you have too sell something to get something, good to hear/read the FX letters once again : - )

cj

Damn, last picture was too old and too big, now this one is up to date and too small ! hell w/it

Old 09-13-2006, 12:30 AM
BlackOak®
Advanced

Thanks!