Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race Tech Gold Valve Cartridge Fork Emulator????

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 08:35 PM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sniper77
I installed the emulators a couple of years before I heard about Ricor. I only know one person that has the Ricor intiminators and he isn't happy with the results. Conversely, I spoke with Ricor to inquire if they thought my forks would benefit with their product vs. the Race Tech parts I had installed and they said I wouldn't be able to see an improvement.

With the Race Tech emulators you must drill the holes in the dampening rods out to allow the massive amount of oil to move through the system. I didn't have the ability to drill into round pipe and paid a machinist $20 to drill and chamfer the holes.

Three years later and I am still very happy with the performance of my front end using stock springs, added pre-load, and Race Tech Cartridge Emulators.
Originally Posted by Ricor Shocks
If you spoke with someone at Ricor 99% chance it would have been me and I don't remember ever saying something like that.

I've had experience with many high end conventional damping systems. Some work better than others but what we have that they don't is the inertia valve. Our system is the only system in the world for the front forks of a motorcycle that can give two different repsonses depending on if the chassis is trying to move or if the tire is trying to move. This allows us to provide the optimum response for the tire as well as the chassis.

Brian
Brian, hey,

It's been a while now but, I do think it was you I spoke with.

The portion of my comment above that I pasted in bold is not meant to be a direct quote but my summary of our conversation.

We spoke about the added cost of replacing the damper rods vs. the added benefit of the Intiminators and determined it really wouldn't be a big bang for the buck.

If you feel I have dissed your product, please accept my humble apology. No malice intended.

Regards,
Brad