Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keep the Dyna,or go for a Road King?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 10:03 AM
roblack
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Keep the Dyna,or go for a Road King?

Havnt posted for awhile. I just came from the dealers where they let me test drive a new 2011 Street Glide,103 cu in,700km on it. I love the ABS brakes,but was otherwise unimpressed,as my 2004 Low Rider(88 cu in) runs like a bear and will smoke this thing.Ive got 70k on the Dyna and still love it. Its stock except for the stage 1,screaming eagle pipes,K+N air cleaner,big carb jets,progressive shocks,Sundowner seat..After I got back the salesman says he will give me a deal on a 2010 Road King on the showroom floor,black with hard bags. 18,800. Talked to the finance Lady and Harley approved me. So Im just throwing the idea around,keep my Dyna,which is the best motorcycle Ive ever owned,or go for that beautiful big black RK. Most of my riding is solo,as my wife has her own bike,but we do quite a few long trips two up,and could use more room and carrying capacity.With the SE pipes and computer chip,will the RK run as strong as my Dyna? The king is a 96 cu incher.What do you guys think? The Low Rider is my second Dyna,I bought a new Wide Glide in 96,and rode it untill I bought the Low Rider in 04. I know and love Dynas,but have no experience with the tourers.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:07 AM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Road King is a great bike and good looking too. It's really up to you man.... I mean if we tell you to stay with the Dyna is it really because we know you and can make the best recommendation for you? No -- it's probably just because we're biased!

Old 08-30-2010, 10:09 AM
zoopman
Road Master

Sorry-- I just joined the DGWDP (Dyna Glide World Domination Plot)! Ain't gonna ride no geezer glide!!!

Old 08-30-2010, 10:18 AM
R-Jay
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep the Dyna AND get the Road King! Then complain that you have trouble choosing what one to ride!

Old 08-30-2010, 10:23 AM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

dgwdp

Old 08-30-2010, 10:56 AM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by roblack
...keep my Dyna,which is the best motorcycle Ive ever owned...
Why would you want to get rid of the best motorcycle you've ever owned?

Old 08-30-2010, 11:05 AM
sinbadfxdl
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by R-Jay
Keep the Dyna AND get the Road King! Then complain that you have trouble choosing what one to ride!
That is the best thing of all. NO Way will I get rid of my Dyna.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:15 AM
pugs
Tourer

I just rented a Road King. My two cents, which may not even be worth that, are that the Road King rode much smoother. My wife liked it much more from the back seat than the Dyna. I did not like that I was "on and not in" the bike and felt like I was riding on the gas tank. I am sure that changing seat and bars could help that some. I was very impressed with the ride though. It was a 2010 and I thought the power was good (but it rained the two days I had it so I didn't really test it too much). I love my dyna but could definitely see the appeal of the RK.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Wrongturn
Cruiser

Picked up a '05 Road King in May to go with the the '07 Dyna Low Rider I have. As far as rides are concerned, realizing they are different engines, the Dyna rides like a caged beast and the King rides like a smooth cognac......really depends what you are in the mood for.

Old 08-30-2010, 12:01 PM
roblack
Cruiser

I love the looks of the Road King,but I think Id miss the way the Dyna snakes through the corners. Wed morning may help,Ill be back at the dealers to get on a Road King for the demo ride their having. You cant really learn much in a 20 minute ride with a pack of riders,but it should be fun. I had a good blast on the Street Glide,all alone with her for an hour. I love those ABS brakes, man do they shut her down!

Quick Reply: Keep the Dyna,or go for a Road King?