Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What kind of snake is this ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 03:54 PM
U-234
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

U didn't get a good pic of it's nose but from the coloring and pattern I would say that it is a Hognosed snake. And what better snake than that to protect your Hog. And shame on those of you that said a dead one or to kill it. Snakes help to keep down the rat, mouse, mole, gopher populations and such. Now if you were raising chickens and collecting eggs you might want to remove nearby snakes.
I try to keep a local snake in my 6th grade classroom to help educate students about the role snakes play in an ecosystem. At this time I have a 4 feet long Bullsnake that has been one of the sweetest snakes that I have ever kept. Students handle her almost daily and she never attempted to bite anyone. Usually Bullsnakes are not that trustworthy.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:04 PM
rdown1976
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate snakes....those snakes are all around here...

Old 08-29-2010, 04:14 PM
louisianaSVT2001
Road Master

yeah I try to kill all snakes that I see, Poisonous Snakes, Non-Poisonous Snakes and Sticks That Look Like Snakes!!!

Old 08-29-2010, 05:29 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bunch of bad *** biker dudes afraid of a little, bitty snake? Make great pets, very educational for kids and adults alike, and you only have to clean their crap once a month, not like a litter box or a back yard from a dog.
Come on boys. They get rid of smelly, filthy rodents....and even stray cats (hahaha).

Old 08-29-2010, 05:32 PM
wolfman 66
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I like snakes better than cats.

Old 08-29-2010, 05:49 PM
Stomper-63
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remember.... every time you kill a snake, you're evening up the score for Adam and Eve!! (Just Kidding)

Old 08-29-2010, 06:03 PM
Tarponrod
Tourer

Hognose are cool they have a routine they do when cornered. They puff up like an ader they pretened to bite themselves then turn upside down and act dead.

Old 08-30-2010, 02:46 PM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lockednloaded
Bunch of bad *** biker dudes afraid of a little, bitty snake? Make great pets, very educational for kids and adults alike, and you only have to clean their crap once a month, not like a litter box or a back yard from a dog.
Come on boys. They get rid of smelly, filthy rodents....and even stray cats (hahaha).

I used to own snakes back in the 70's - boas, pythons, king snakes, corn snakes, indigo snakes. I was amazed at all the big burly guys who were TERRIFIED of them. Give me a snake any day over ... sp..sp..sp.. SPIDERS! Now THEY freak me out, lol. (Although at the same time, they fascinate me :-) )

Old 08-30-2010, 03:14 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

why kill it?

Old 08-30-2010, 03:15 PM
rcaddell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not a fan of snakes. I am not a fan of randomly killing them though. Not becuase of some ridiculous PETA mentality ... just because of a live and let lvie mentaility. Unless it is poisonous and posing harm.

I never got the "Snakes make great pets" thing. No. They don't. The tanks stink. The snake couldn't care less about you. You can't sit on the couch with your snake napping and relax petting your snakes head. You know what makes a great pet? A dog. Yeah, I have to pick up dog poo, but damned if that dog doesn't show me every day how much she adores me. And damned if she doesn't tell me every time someone comes to the door. She'll sit back on the couch with me when I had a long day at work and just hang out. Yeah, I have to pick up dog poo twice a day. Big deal.

Quick Reply: What kind of snake is this ?