Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I must say!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 12:06 AM
DMV11982
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I must say!

I was all ready to trade my FXDB in next year for a Road King! I just got back from a 1600 mile trip on my Dyna, and loved it! I want to do some touring and now that I know I can do it, COMFORTABLY, on the Street Bob, there is no way I can get rid of it. No way a Road King can carve the turns like my FXDB! While the Dyna may not be as comfortable as a Road King on a trip, you can make it damn close!

Viva La DYNA!

Old 08-29-2010, 01:36 AM
oldguyalso
Cruiser

Went on a 4100 mile ride this summer. My Dyna did great, very comfortable, but I did have my seat reworked. My buddy was on a Road-King and his son was on a Dyna that was slammed low and we had no problem keeping up with him. Just wished I had a 6 gallon tank. I do think I have the bug tho can't wait till the next trip

Old 08-29-2010, 02:17 AM
Smitty79
Road Master

I put 1,000 miles on mine for a mini road trip and was pleasently surprised at how comfortable she was, even with my big butt astride her!!!

Old 08-29-2010, 05:13 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

A good helmut and wind protection and seat no problem at all piling on the miles with a Dyna.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:10 AM
Wonkaboy
Banned

Put on some mini floorboards and the comfort level go's up even more !!

Old 08-29-2010, 08:05 AM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by DMV11982
I was all ready to trade my FXDB in next year for a Road King! I just got back from a 1600 mile trip on my Dyna, and loved it! I want to do some touring and now that I know I can do it, COMFORTABLY, on the Street Bob, there is no way I can get rid of it. No way a Road King can carve the turns like my FXDB! While the Dyna may not be as comfortable as a Road King on a trip, you can make it damn close!

Viva La DYNA!
Can you make a Dyna comfortable for touring? Yes, you definately can. I've made very comfortable and enjoyable trips on mine. Damn close to the touring comfort of a RoadKing? No. I currently have one of each and the Dyna can not come damn close to the comfort of my RoadKing and I don't care what you do to it. I've got progressive suspension and a very comfortable Mustang seat on the Dyna and the RK has a very comfortable Danny Gray seat and stock suspension. If you ask my body which bike it wants to make a long trip on, it will pick the RK every time, hands down. I think you can make the RK a lot closer to the handling of the Dyna than you can make the Dyna close to the comfort of the RK. If it came down to it and I had to get rid of one or the other, the Dyna would have to go. I wouldn't get rid of either because each is great at what they do, but the RK is a far superior long haul bike. I'd be very interested in the opinion of others that have both. Mind you I'm not knocking the Dyna at all because I certainly love mine, but to me the RK is a much better all around bike. JMO.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:18 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Comfort is a very subjective thing. I have made many 1000+ mile road trips (including Iron Butt rides) on my Wide Glide, and previous bikes I have owned and have no complaints whatsoever.
Recently I picked up an Airhawk seat cushion to use while on the to and from and could not be happier, now I can ride my solo seat all day long in comfort, and when I get to where I am going, take it off and have the looks of the solo seat.
I bought a tourpak so I can carry my fullface on road trips since it never fails that the rain will pour.
At my age I appreciate the comfort, but cannot see giving up the Dyna since I can be perfectly comfortable on the road.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:14 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Me and my buddy road out to Bama Bike Fest this spring. He on his Ultra and me on my Low Rider. yeah, on the open road, the Ultra IS a better touring motorcycle. But ya see, I'm funny about some things. Some things like the fact that Bama was a freakin' mud pit due to the rain, and the fact that, oh....say a DOZEN or so times my wife or myself had to stop, get off our bike and walk over to his stuck a$$ motorcycle and help him push it back wards because it was such a barge that on even moist ground he could not move the dang bike back wards or turn around on the gravel paths. And he's no runt. He's 6 feet 200 lbs. So yeah, once rolling those big bikes sure are nice, but after the fifth or sixth time of getting stuck, of always having to find a special way to park due to a slight ground incline, of not being able to push the bike back wards on grass or dirt....I'm with the original poster, Dyna's make just fine touring bikes.

Old 08-29-2010, 11:59 AM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
Me and my buddy road out to Bama Bike Fest this spring. He on his Ultra and me on my Low Rider. yeah, on the open road, the Ultra IS a better touring motorcycle. But ya see, I'm funny about some things. Some things like the fact that Bama was a freakin' mud pit due to the rain, and the fact that, oh....say a DOZEN or so times my wife or myself had to stop, get off our bike and walk over to his stuck a$$ motorcycle and help him push it back wards because it was such a barge that on even moist ground he could not move the dang bike back wards or turn around on the gravel paths. And he's no runt. He's 6 feet 200 lbs. So yeah, once rolling those big bikes sure are nice, but after the fifth or sixth time of getting stuck, of always having to find a special way to park due to a slight ground incline, of not being able to push the bike back wards on grass or dirt....I'm with the original poster, Dyna's make just fine touring bikes.
Since your such a freak about how well a bike performs in the mud and not on the road, maybe you should reach for your personal nirvana and try a dirt bike. Dyna's are a great bike and you can tour on them just fine, but they do not come close to a RoadKing for touring which the original post suggested.

Old 08-29-2010, 12:18 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by roadking2000
Since your such a freak about how well a bike performs in the mud and not on the road, maybe you should reach for your personal nirvana and try a dirt bike. Dyna's are a great bike and you can tour on them just fine, but they do not come close to a RoadKing for touring which the original post suggested.

I beg to differ, unless your only definition of touring is a straight road. Not saying they are better, but to say they do not come close is absurd.
My touring always involves twisty roads, so for my touring a RK does not come close. Like I said before, it is a very subjective opinion on what is better than what.

Quick Reply: I must say!