Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tragic accident on one of my riding routes

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006 | 12:53 AM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Tragic accident on one of my riding routes

ORIGINAL: grunt

It is 2 counts of vehicular assault, and one count of negligent homicide. Does not matter if there was a cell phone or not. This rank old bitch deserves to die in jail with all her possessions taken away to pay off the ones she hit. I do not care who's relative she is, if SHE has kids, or anything else. If these pissants running the government agencies do not do something, then it is time we start doing it for them.

Condolences to the fallen's family, and well wishes to the injured. But this crap pisses me off.
You must really hate older people by the tone of most of your replys if the original post even mentions that the driver might be an older person. One problem though, nowhere in this story did it say the cage driver was an older person as you wrongly assumed, which would be par for the course for you. If you would open up your eyes and read it correctly before you go into one of your usual rants about older people, you would see that the motorcyclists who were injured and killed were the ones who were between 53 and 60 years old, and my heart and condolences goes out to them and their families. There was no mention of the age of the cage driver, only that maybe she was on a cell and probably lied about swerving to avoid a bicycle, which probably means she was younger. And even if the cage driver was between 53 and 60 years old, that is hardly old except in your eyes obviously. Do you also hate your parents since they are probably older too. I've seen a few of your posts about older people and I finally decided to comment on them, especially this one which you got totally wrong. What are you going to do when you get old like 50 or 60, shoot yourself? You don't mention your age in your profile and I wonder how close you are to being an old 50 year old.

Old 09-07-2006 | 01:02 AM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member

We had a guy here in Topeka. Drunk, crossed the centerline, and hit a motorcycle head on, even tho the motorcyclist moved all the way over to the edge of the pavement to try to avoid impact. The drunk then fled the scene.

He was convicted of the usual traffic stuff...left of center, dui, fleeing the scene, etc, as well as a criminal charge of Negligent Homicide. He got a 36 month prison sentence.

To get a true criminal charge to stick on this woman, they will have to prove that it was MORE than an accident. Negligence will have to be proven. Passing on a blind corner, being on the phone, passing in a no passing zone, SOMETHING. Absent being able to prove that her conduct prior to the collision was likely to cause death or injury to another, she will probably get some tickets, and that will be it.

Eye for an Eye, Tooth for a Tooth went bye bye when the liberal courts got their start.

Old 09-07-2006 | 08:00 AM
overthehill
|
Cruiser

The cage driver, according to the local paper is 49 years old. She was injured also. My friend stated her car was totoled.

Old 09-07-2006 | 11:08 AM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: oldfartjc
ORIGINAL: grunt

It is 2 counts of vehicular assault, and one count of negligent homicide. Does not matter if there was a cell phone or not. This rank old bitch deserves to die in jail with all her possessions taken away to pay off the ones she hit. I do not care who's relative she is, if SHE has kids, or anything else. If these pissants running the government agencies do not do something, then it is time we start doing it for them.

Condolences to the fallen's family, and well wishes to the injured. But this crap pisses me off.
You must really hate older people by the tone of most of your replys if the original post even mentions that the driver might be an older person. One problem though, nowhere in this story did it say the cage driver was an older person as you wrongly assumed, which would be par for the course for you. If you would open up your eyes and read it correctly before you go into one of your usual rants about older people, you would see that the motorcyclists who were injured and killed were the ones who were between 53 and 60 years old, and my heart and condolences goes out to them and their families. There was no mention of the age of the cage driver, only that maybe she was on a cell and probably lied about swerving to avoid a bicycle, which probably means she was younger. And even if the cage driver was between 53 and 60 years old, that is hardly old except in your eyes obviously. Do you also hate your parents since they are probably older too. I've seen a few of your posts about older people and I finally decided to comment on them, especially this one which you got totally wrong. What are you going to do when you get old like 50 or 60, shoot yourself? You don't mention your age in your profile and I wonder how close you are to being an old 50 year old.
So I misread the 53-60 and applied it to the killer. I will cop to that. AFA the rest of your rant, WRONG!!!! Anyone near 60 is old. I am in my 40s and I consider myself old, so there!!! You must be so sensitive that the application of an age moniker TO an age upsets you (easily seen by the absurd parts of your post). When these stories LIST old people, I use that as proof that older people SHOULD be tested for cognitive and driving skill. Too bad if it upsets you. I do not care, and I will not change. If you notice when the Billy Lane story was posted I did not 'go off' on old people. And I go off on ALL murderous drivers on the road. I notice you always have to defend the 'old' people guilty of hitting people. Have you done this and want a pass because you are not at your fittest?

Fact is 60 IS old, and those above it are known to be a hazrd on the road as much as teenagers. And everyone of the stories where an old person killed people is where I commented that this group needs routine testing to check the ability to drive. Hell, everyone that causes an accident should have that, and license lost if it is like that. If you do not like it, TFB.

Old 09-07-2006 | 11:10 AM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: SDMF
[IMG]local://upfiles/9114/7C70A6F89AD84F80833FA0A349892E2A.jpg[/IMG]
Hey, SDMF - love the tires on that!! Looks great (I'll be nominating that next month)

Old 09-07-2006 | 11:43 AM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior

Vehicular homicide today is treated about the same as DUI was 20 years ago.
Here's the problem:

"The standard jury instruction on vehicular homicide states that before the defendant may be found guilty, the jury must find that he operated the motor vehicle in a reckless manner likely to cause the death of or great bodily harm to another person. The state need not prove as an element of vehicular homicide the intent by the defendant to harm or injure the victim or any other person."

The above was taken from laws regarding the state of Florida but the definition is similar in many states. So unless she was shown to be driving in a wreckless manner, chances are she'll get fined and that's it.

Finding or operating her cell phone may have been careless and inattentive but a jury may not consider it wreckless.

I think the law needs to be changed so that negligent drivers are given more severe penalties.

Old 09-07-2006 | 12:01 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: AZ Rider

Vehicular homicide today is treated about the same as DUI was 20 years ago.
I think the law needs to be changed so that negligent drivers are given more severe penalties.
Yep. All accident causers should have to take a drivers ed course again, and all who operate in negligent manners (running lights, cell phone, etc.) should be down the same path as DUI drivers. And killers should be hit w/VHomocide and jailed.