Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Track

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 02:18 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by wideglidebob
looking at the way you ride two up and alot of twisties and added weight on a dyna i would be checking every bolt every day you seem to be a aggresive rider not saying that is good or bad but isen`t that what that thing is supposed to help with, i have heard knothing but bad things about them
It's tough to tell because I am still working on dialing in the suspension.

If your front and rear suspension isn't up to par, then adding the true track isn't going to solve that larger problem.

I have ridden a bike, '06 street bob, that was up to par and it felt like it was on rails. The bike handled awesomely so you judging a product based on my mishaps or lack of knowledge isn't fair to the product.

Yes, I do usually ride aggressively but lately the bike seems to be all over the place. Could it be due to the front TT not doing it's job? Maybe but I'm not going to come a conclusion on that until I can get it reinstalled.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:15 PM
cactusred
Road Master
Received 161 Likes on 104 Posts

Hey Vic, couple things I noticed or note here,
One, your front isolator looks a little shiny in some areas as in some oil from an oil change or two has bathed it, I know it's difficult to to change oil without getting any oil on that isolator, it can be done to an almost minimum but if any should get on there, I take some parts cleaner and spray it, that oil is gonna break that rubber down and or possibly of seeped in some bolt holes maybe loosening up those bolts? Just a thought on that one.
Another thing, after I put mine on I noticed a couple of the truck track bolts weren't backed out but were not torqued like I had originally torqued em, even with blue loctite, I did not want to use red loctite in this area, so I used a combination of blue and I use lock washers in many places on my ride, this was one of the areas I incorporated lock washers into, try that as well when you get your new/overhauled true track back bud.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:52 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

I appreciate that, man. When I do change oil (filter), I usually have some bra-kleen or similar handy and spray the area down.

Lock washers combined with lok-tite sounds like a good plan.

I just mailed the front brackets and whats left of the stabilizer link to TTI today. Guess I'll know more in a few days after they receive it and can tell me what's necessary to refurb the unit an the cost.

So, I reinstalled the isolator and went for a ride. Maybe there is a slight increase in vibes. Not much.

I did tighten the two front bolts and lifted the motor slightly to eleviate any pressure on top of the isolator. Tightened the two top bolts and then let the jack down slightly. The motor mount settled into the isolator a bit. It's tough to see but it looks like neither is touching. I'd probably need to stick a feeler in there to be sure.

I think if I experienced vibes I would change the isolator. Priced them out on line. Front isolator p/n: 47583-90b can be had for around $105 or so.

Originally Posted by cactusred
Hey Vic, couple things I noticed or note here,
One, your front isolator looks a little shiny in some areas as in some oil from an oil change or two has bathed it, I know it's difficult to to change oil without getting any oil on that isolator, it can be done to an almost minimum but if any should get on there, I take some parts cleaner and spray it, that oil is gonna break that rubber down and or possibly of seeped in some bolt holes maybe loosening up those bolts? Just a thought on that one.
Another thing, after I put mine on I noticed a couple of the truck track bolts weren't backed out but were not torqued like I had originally torqued em, even with blue loctite, I did not want to use red loctite in this area, so I used a combination of blue and I use lock washers in many places on my ride, this was one of the areas I incorporated lock washers into, try that as well when you get your new/overhauled true track back bud.

Old 08-30-2010, 05:35 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

let me know how that new front works out for you i need a new mount as well!

Old 08-31-2010, 06:13 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't see no "blue" Vic...

Old 08-31-2010, 06:43 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

I do...

One of my fav's.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:11 AM
spaceblue
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
I do...

One of my fav's.
That's a must have every time I visit Montreal! Somehow it seems to taste even better there.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:52 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

My mistake! Yeah, on tap it's even better.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:43 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Update: Received my reconditioned front TT bracket today. They treated me very fairly as far as cost. Since I was not the original owner/purchaser, their warranty did not cover this situation.

I will try to get it reinstalled today.

I did ride a little bit last night and noticed some increase vibes in the footpegs since I removed the shims. The more I think about it, the less I feel shimming is the right answer to that problem. I may go ahead and order a new isolator.

I do have one question. Is the motor mount supposed to hit the top of the isolator? On the middle top of the isolator there is a hump of rubber. Should the motor mount touch that? If so, will that cause increased vibration?

Old 09-03-2010, 03:10 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

I just called my local dealer that NEVER has anything in stock and they actually have a front isolator, p/n: 47583-90b in stock. I'm haulin *** down there before they close. It's a 60min ride one way.

Quick Reply: True Track