Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Track

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 06:35 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by EricInNCa
Vic, so it just loosened up and fell off?
Yup.

Originally Posted by cbz1200n
Forgot about Grainger, but the nearest one is close to 2hrs away near Charlotte.

Originally Posted by lo-rider
...Or forget to use Loctite.

Yeah, following a 7-day trip I washed the bike, only to discover that the fasteners on the front exhaust pipe were WAY loose, and had created a small burn-mark. Also found the switch housing loose on the handlebars.

Note: check w/ McMaster-Carr.
I know I can order the joint online but was hoping I could find it within a reasonable distance from home so I could match it up.

Originally Posted by Krazy8s
ooops.

Did you notice any difference in the ride after it fell off, or just noticed when you got home?
I'm not sure I can answer that. I did notice some slight vibes in my footpegs usually running at highway speeds (65mph+).

The rear TT bracket is still nicely intact. I do suspect the front is the more important part of it though.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:41 AM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looking at the way you ride two up and alot of twisties and added weight on a dyna i would be checking every bolt every day you seem to be a aggresive rider not saying that is good or bad but isen`t that what that thing is supposed to help with, i have heard knothing but bad things about them

Old 08-24-2010, 10:46 AM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I was following some threads a while back and believe I remember you were having all kinds of vibration problems after installing the TT. (If I'm confusing you with another member, my bad).

Assuming it was you, did you eventually solve the problem and were you happy with the TT?

Also, doesn't sound as though it made that much of a difference in the ride since you didn't notice it was missing a part (other than a "slight vibe in footpegs") until you visually realized it.

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair

I'm not sure I can answer that. I did notice some slight vibes in my footpegs usually running at highway speeds (65mph+).

The rear TT bracket is still nicely intact. I do suspect the front is the more important part of it though.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:59 AM
spaceblue
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Vic, you seem to have the worse luck!

Old 08-24-2010, 11:48 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Originally Posted by bigdaddy33
I was following some threads a while back and believe I remember you were having all kinds of vibration problems after installing the TT. (If I'm confusing you with another member, my bad).

Assuming it was you, did you eventually solve the problem and were you happy with the TT?

Also, doesn't sound as though it made that much of a difference in the ride since you didn't notice it was missing a part (other than a "slight vibe in footpegs") until you visually realized it.
Yes that was me. I solved it in an underhanded manner. I shimmed the front isolator between the isolator and the frame. I still dealt with vibes but it was nowhere near as bad as it was.

I just removed the front TT bracket so I can ship it out to TrueTrackInc for inspection and rebuild. I also removed the front isolator. I found rub marks on the top portion. I can take a photo of it in a minute.

I think what may have happened upon install is that there is some play between the isolator and the front motor mount bracket (that attaches to the top of the isolator. If, when I installed the TT, those two pieces slid together to make contact I think that's where the very bad vibes came from. That front isolator looks like it's been through hell and back although it looks useable. I may clean it up and reinstall it.

That certainly sheds more light on that setup and now I can pay more attention to detail.

Originally Posted by spaceblue
Damn Vic, you seem to have the worse luck!
Eh, it is what it is.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:22 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

This is just to illustrate orientation:

Notice the wear mark on top:

Motor mount:

Last edited by SC-Longhair; 09-03-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:00 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,861 Likes on 2,426 Posts

Thanks for posting those pics, it's the first time I've ever seen one of those mounts off the bike. It doesn't look in good shape! Looks as if it has failed, which could have been the cause of so many of your problems. If you replace it please take similar pics of the new one!

I recall now when I fitted my Dyna TT kit over 2 years ago that I suffered from a spell of bad vibration, which proved to be that adjuster bolt, between the two brackets. I backed it right off, tightened it down, ignored setting the clearance and the bike has been fine since.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:30 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

man looking at that it would go in the garbage, period at least it diden`t make you flip o r something

Old 08-24-2010, 01:32 PM
CM22
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think about 50 of us just disappeared into the garage...

Old 08-24-2010, 01:36 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Originally Posted by CM22
I think about 50 of us just disappeared into the garage...
Then my work here is done.

Quick Reply: True Track