Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust comparisons?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 11:43 PM
Bones77
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust comparisons?

Looking for a resource for comparison of after market exhaust for Dynas. Already did the search here, other forums and out on the net. I'm not finding specifics. Just general info and why doing a Stage I upgrade is the best bang for buck upgrade you can do. I'm looking for a chart comparing torque and hp gains on the usual suspects for exhaust upgrades.

I'm interested in 2 into 2 systems, not interested in going 2 into 1.

Any help as always is appreciated.

Bones

Old 08-23-2010, 12:46 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

what specifics are you looking for? I have found tons of info on exhaust comparisons and stage 1 all over the net in the past. I can break it down quite simply... if you get a 2-2 get the exhaust you like the best unless you think a 1 or 2 hp and torque difference is something that really matters(hint... it doesn't)...
for your intake... get whatever intake you like the best and can afford.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:11 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A good tune is the best bang for the buck. You will gain more HP, torque, and riding satisfaction with a tune than any other upgrade short of adding displacement.

Changing exhausts from stock just hurts street performance unless you also increase displacement and do cam work and, of course, re-tune. Changing the exhaust for the street makes sense only for style and sound purposes.

Changing the AF can help make a bit more higher rpm WOT power.

As rounder says there is little if any difference between 2-2 systems on stage one level bikes. Little difference between free flow air filters until you start spending $600. A lot of difference between tuners, however.

If you are a DIYer and want to save money and get the most bang for your buck think about something like the TTS tuning kit along with whatever exhaust sound and AF style you like.

If it matters to you, it is difficult to tune out decel pop with the very short 2-2s .

PS, the best performance increase is change your riding style to ride at a higher rpm... its effective and free.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:24 AM
Bones77
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I'd like to see is exhaust to exhaust comparisions running the same AC. I want to know what the difference is between, Rinehart, Vance & Hines, Python, Bub, SE, etc.....

Everyone tosses around numbers that AC and free flow exhaust will boost hp and torque, but I'd like to see some numbers.

Bones

Old 08-23-2010, 09:16 AM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The V&H Bigshots or Sideshots with the powerchamber are both good pipes.