Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solution to soften ride

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 05:26 PM
joyryd68
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solution to soften ride

I have an 06 Dyna Low, I have replaced stock shocks with 11in Progressive shocks and the ride is extremely rough, it skips in turns if the road isn't perfect and I'll come off seat over some larger bumps and well, it kills my back. Does anyone have a suggestion to help with this or is this totally normal for Dyna's??

thanks a mil
JoyRyd

Old 08-22-2010, 05:30 PM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by joyryd68
I have an 06 Dyna Low, I have replaced stock shocks with 11in Progressive shocks and the ride is extremely rough, it skips in turns if the road isn't perfect and I'll come off seat over some larger bumps and well, it kills my back. Does anyone have a suggestion to help with this or is this totally normal for Dyna's??

thanks a mil
JoyRyd
The solution is to put a set of shocks on it instead of those "almost-shocks" stumps you've mounted up.

Funny it wasn't bouncing you off the seat and killing your back with the stockers.....mmmmm?

Old 08-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Wonkaboy
Banned

thanks a mil
JoyRyd
The worst mod i did i'm going back to my stock shocks !

Old 08-22-2010, 06:02 PM
joyryd68
6th Gear

I guess I should add, the reason I put those shocks on was because I needed to lower it, I'm only 5'3 and wanted to have feet flat on the ground.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:27 PM
Wonkaboy
Banned

I guess I should add, the reason I put those shocks on was because I needed to lower it, I'm only 5'3 and wanted to have feet flat on the ground.

That's the same reason i put mine on but i'm still taller than you i'm only 5'4 , ha ha !!

Old 08-22-2010, 07:33 PM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stock Shocks with a 1" lowering block.............No problems with ride.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:41 PM
DeathProof72
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sniper77
The solution is to put a set of shocks on it instead of those "almost-shocks" stumps you've mounted up.

Funny it wasn't bouncing you off the seat and killing your back with the stockers.....mmmmm?
My problem....

By far, the worst stock shocks on any bike I have EVER ridden (on my FXDB). It is borderline unsafe to put such poor (rear) suspension on a production vehicle. I feel like I am riding motocross again in the respect that I have to actually stand up when coming upon a big bump in the road to lessen the impact to my *** and back. Criminal... Love the bike, but HD really dropped the ball on the rear shocks by a LONG shot. When I have some extra funds that will be my next mod...

Old 08-22-2010, 07:46 PM
32vld
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not an expert on lowering bikes.

But there is no law or rule that you must be flat footed on your bike.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:03 PM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member

Shave the seat or look at other seats; Le Pera Bare Bones etc.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:04 PM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DeathProof72
My problem....

By far, the worst stock shocks on any bike I have EVER ridden (on my FXDB). It is borderline unsafe to put such poor (rear) suspension on a production vehicle. I feel like I am riding motocross again in the respect that I have to actually stand up when coming upon a big bump in the road to lessen the impact to my *** and back. Criminal... Love the bike, but HD really dropped the ball on the rear shocks by a LONG shot. When I have some extra funds that will be my next mod...
Agreed.

Quick Reply: Solution to soften ride