Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H.D quality ????????????????

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 07:48 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H.D quality ????????????????

Is it me,or,are we seeing more and more problems,and issues with quality,and things breaking that should not be breaking on newer Harley's ? not that i have had that many problems,but i sure seem to read a ton of them ? whas up ? real question is~~ is harley making to many bikes to fast perhaps ? I just wanted to toss out this question and see what others are thinking ~~~ ....
don't get me wrong,i like my bob and would not trade it .

Old 09-05-2006, 07:56 PM
hd_sob
Road Master
Default RE: H.D quality ????????????????

Its not you. They're pissing me off as well...

Old 09-05-2006, 08:08 PM
fireball
Intermediate

This is from experience.I own a 06FXD35 with a little over 10 grand on the odometer.I have had 3 front fenders crack.Now as I write my bike is the shop,because a bolt in the stator plate came out during a ride and tore up the stator and rotor.The bike has been at the dealer for over a week. And I am starting to get pissed. The only reason it is at the dealers is because it is a warranty issue otherwise I would have fixed it myself. Ask me if I am concerned about qaulity issues.

Old 09-05-2006, 09:33 PM
2005UltraNC
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same concern here - I beleive the MoCo is more interested in the bottom line (or that their engineers are too smart for their own good).

I've had Yamaha's for many years (just ride their, owned three, never one in the shop). My 05 Ultra has been in the shop like 12 times in less than two years. Fuel gauge, regulator, wiring harness, turn signal bezel - I would bet that most of the parts that are failing are lowest bidder made parts.

Old 09-05-2006, 10:05 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

i bet you right,china,mexico,etc.

ORIGINAL: 2005UltraNC

Same concern here - I beleive the MoCo is more interested in the bottom line (or that their engineers are too smart for their own good).

I've had Yamaha's for many years (just ride their, owned three, never one in the shop). My 05 Ultra has been in the shop like 12 times in less than two years. Fuel gauge, regulator, wiring harness, turn signal bezel - I would bet that most of the parts that are failing are lowest bidder made parts.

Old 09-05-2006, 10:37 PM
06dynablack
Road Warrior

i done bought my last new hd after this it will be another evo.

Old 09-05-2006, 10:53 PM
squeeech
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

G'day all,
Yep, this is getting really scarry, primary bearings, tranny noises, I wonder if the factory are reading these forums. The 07's are in Australia this month and I for one, am holding off....... even worse for us the FXDC will be $24,000 and that's Oz dollars, !!!! ...... That last comment about an EVO sounds good.

cya
Graham.

Old 09-05-2006, 11:03 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

So far my bike has been fine and if it's a good one...you can be sure I'll keep it a long time.

Old 09-05-2006, 11:18 PM
06dynablack
Road Warrior

least one thing the probs are consitant with the 06 lol

Old 09-05-2006, 11:30 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I haven't had any real quality issues yet but this "closed loop" fuel injection is really pissing me off.My next bike will probably be a Triumph Bonneville, if I can get this thing running well enough to sell it. Maybe I can find a used one with all the upgrades for about half of what I've got into my Bob.Then again if I can ever get the bob to stop backfiring I may keep it.I love the comfort handling and style of my bob but the constant backfiring and generally poor performance is ruining it for me.

Quick Reply: H.D quality ????????????????