Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H.D quality ????????????????

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 12:46 AM
BlackOak®
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: H.D quality ????????????????

all bikes have issues....don't matter what you ride.
BlackOak®

Old 09-08-2006, 09:14 AM
WildBill76
Tourer

Is it stock,or did someone mess with it that does not know how to remap it?

Old 09-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 77 Posts

I've read about real issues, precieved issues, and non-issues on HDForums.com. All good posts from owners with HD experience that range from none to lifetimes.

I've owned my HD since new in 1993, and I've owned Triumph and BMW. And, yes, I have my share of complaints with Harley-Davidson Corporate, some of their dealers, and warranty issues. I also have my love for the bike. How is makes me feel when I'm riding this 'machine'. And it does feel like you are on a machine....I don't think I'll get any flames for that comment.

I also thought everyone would like to see where The MoCo makes their 'real' money. The catalog on the left is the 1993 accessories catalog....The one on the right is the 2007. I don't remember a separate 'MotorClothes' catalog being around in 93, but they send me a couple every year now.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4811/98EC1F1A652241FC83B6C5E8D9BF1D25.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-08-2006, 06:34 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would have always wondered why I didn't get a Harley
Me too,In the past I didn't get a Harley because they were just too damn expensive.Before I got my last bike I was dreaming of a Sporty 1200S but once I went to the dealer and saw the obscene mark up plus back then there was a waiting period.Long story short I bought a 2000 Suzuki SV650 alot of fun to ride and fun to modify but after 6 years I was sick of it.Paid cash for my Bob studied this forum and talked to alot of people before I made a decision on an exhaust, intake and tuner.I made a mistake on the tuner and now I'm paying the price.

Old 09-08-2006, 10:02 PM
jamman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SPECIAL ED

I would have always wondered why I didn't get a Harley
Me too,In the past I didn't get a Harley because they were just too damn expensive.Before I got my last bike I was dreaming of a Sporty 1200S but once I went to the dealer and saw the obscene mark up plus back then there was a waiting period.Long story short I bought a 2000 Suzuki SV650 alot of fun to ride and fun to modify but after 6 years I was sick of it.Paid cash for my Bob studied this forum and talked to alot of people before I made a decision on an exhaust, intake and tuner.I made a mistake on the tuner and now I'm paying the price.
Man I was here for the AMF years, only difference was that parts were plentiful from all the Bikes broke down in garages,, This is my 8th Harley and not gonna be my last, Actually I am quite suprised how much better they are compared to what they were.
Ok sides from that , What kinda a tuner did you buy?

Old 09-09-2006, 04:35 AM
RoosterDick
5th Gear

I'm a recent Harley convert, and I must say that I have actually been impressed with what they were selling atleast back in '02. I bought my FXD with 4k and now have 9k on it with no problems so far (knock on wood). I don't know about the quality of the newer bikes, but mine is ploddin' along happily for now.

Old 09-09-2006, 07:52 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What kinda a tuner did you buy?
Rev Tech DFO there's a whole other thread about how wonderfull these things are.Honestly this has nothing do do with HDs quality and more to do with my impatiance and frustration after spending a bunch of time and money on something and still not having it run the way I think it should.