Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will a Street Bob tail light fit on a Super Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 08:13 AM
Kev_England
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Will a Street Bob tail light fit on a Super Glide?

I'm preparing to attack my rear fender with a Ryobi. Basically I want to chop off the bottom area below the stock tag holder and just above the stock tail light.

I like the sparto type light on the new bob and was wondering if the 3-bolt triangle pattern is the same as the Superglide tag bolt pattern. I.e. can I just bolt the bob light where my Superglide tag holder was?

Also, is the wiring just plug and play?

Thanks guys for the info on this site--else I would have wound up buying a new rear fender or outsourcing this mod.

Edit: I just went on an online parts list and when you total up the cost it comes to about $500! I must be reading it wrong, surely? THey want $200 just for the 6" wire extension. I gotta be looking at it wrong!

Last edited by Kev_England; 08-20-2010 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Found more info
Old 08-20-2010, 09:22 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts
Wink

I replaced my rear fender on my 2010 SB with the Chopped fender kit that Harley sales........which means I now have the stock fender, tail light and STT module......I have to check to see if I have the stock STT light guts for the side markers...........I will post pics tonight of them all. I do believe that they will fit all Dyna's 06' and up, except the Fat Bob and Wide Glide.........they are just seating on the shelf waiting for a new home.......

Old 08-20-2010, 09:27 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

here are my before and after pics, to get an idea of what i replaced.

Attached Thumbnails Will a Street Bob tail light fit on a Super Glide?-sb03.jpg   Will a Street Bob tail light fit on a Super Glide?-sb13.jpg  
Old 08-20-2010, 09:49 AM
Kev_England
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blueangel73
I replaced my rear fender on my 2010 SB with the Chopped fender kit that Harley sales........which means I now have the stock fender, tail light and STT module......I have to check to see if I have the stock STT light guts for the side markers...........I will post pics tonight of them all. I do believe that they will fit all Dyna's 06' and up, except the Fat Bob and Wide Glide.........they are just seating on the shelf waiting for a new home.......
Looks nice BA. I'm minority for sure, since I dont really like those side tag kits. I kind of like a symetrical look for some reason.

PM me if you want to sell you Bob stock light and/or fender
I'm not too far from Mary Land

Old 08-20-2010, 11:01 AM
paullavery
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

Nice looking ride !

I have just ordered the chopped fender kit from Harley for my 2010 SG. Just wondering what it looked like on your bike before you lowered the suspension, as it does not look too good on the picture from HD Website ?
I was thinking of replacing the stock rear shocks with some after market progressive anyway, but maybe I might wait to see what it looks like after the chopped fender kit is done !
Is there much difference in riding after you had the suspension lowered ?

Old 08-21-2010, 06:18 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

Sorry, I don't have any pictures of of the bike with the chopped fender prior to the lowering shocks. I lowered the long before I had the fender installed.

Also, I have added pics to my ablum of the fender I had removed.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:29 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by paullavery
Nice looking ride !

I have just ordered the chopped fender kit from Harley for my 2010 SG. Just wondering what it looked like on your bike before you lowered the suspension, as it does not look too good on the picture from HD Website ?
I was thinking of replacing the stock rear shocks with some after market progressive anyway, but maybe I might wait to see what it looks like after the chopped fender kit is done !
Is there much difference in riding after you had the suspension lowered ?
Oh, and the it ride about the same. I don't feel any difference when cornering. I lowered the rear end only for two reason, 1. to be able to plant my feet on the grond better and 2. to achive the lean back look,i.e. the reason I didn't also lower the front end. But if I didn't lower the rear, i might have never went with the chopper fender and just smoothed out the stock, cause like you said, it doesn't look good at stock height in the pictures from Harley.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:31 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

Oh, and the it ride about the same. I don't feel any difference when cornering. I lowered the rear end only for two reason, 1. to be able to plant my feet on the grond better and 2. to achive the lean back look,i.e. the reason I didn't also lower the front end. But if I didn't lower the rear, i might have never went with the chopper fender and just smoothed out the stock, cause like you said, it doesn't look good at stock height in the pictures from Harley.
I got the Burly Brand shocks, I believe they were $199, $299 if you want the fork lowering kit and the rear shocks for a full bike drop. But you might need to mod (bend) the kick stand to maintain some lean angle when parked.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:56 PM
ks71
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey BA, is that pic show your rear turnsignals integrated with the rear docking point?? What part number is that if so or did you make it? Thanks

Old 10-14-2010, 03:59 PM
ks71
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here are my before and after pics, to get an idea of what i replaced.
Are those rear turns integrated with the docking point? Is there are part number for that or did you make them? Thx in advance, I really dont like the relocation kit

Quick Reply: Will a Street Bob tail light fit on a Super Glide?