Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Wide Glide-Changeover to Bobtail Fender

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 11:57 AM
rockymtnhigh
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was able to order a painted vivid black rear 2010 Wide glide fender from Zanotti's for $180. Delivery is 4 to six weeks.

If you're interested in my OEM FXDF fender let me know. It's in good shape (minor paint chip on end) I'll let it go for $75 plus shipping

Originally Posted by '10NIGHTGLIDE
I wonder what the total cost and parts list to put the Fat Bob fender on the wide glide looks like. I priced a CVO Springer rear fender a while back and it was like $870. I couldn't buy it anyway b/c H-D won't sell it to ya unless you can supply them with a VIN. I WONDER IF THE REAR FENDER FOR EITHER OF THESE TWO BIKES IS ANYWHERE NEAR THAT OUTRAGEOUS?

Old 09-07-2010, 04:19 PM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Wide Glides should have bobtails; like the sun coming up in the east, and DemocRATS wanting to raise your taxes.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:35 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by rockymtnhigh
I was able to order a painted vivid black rear 2010 Wide glide fender from Zanotti's for $180. Delivery is 4 to six weeks.

If you're interested in my OEM FXDF fender let me know. It's in good shape (minor paint chip on end) I'll let it go for $75 plus shipping
Warning!!! Thread HiJack in process....

Dude, I'd be interested in the rear fender. Is it still available? pm me...

End of Hijack

Old 09-08-2010, 11:26 PM
rbartick
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 20 Posts

I prefer the stock WG fender.

BTW - I have an extra black WG rear fender with a small dent on the bottom-rear of it. I'd be willing to sell it really cheap if someone wants to pick it up locally in Central NJ.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:48 AM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rbartick
I prefer the stock WG fender.

BTW - I have an extra black WG rear fender with a small dent on the bottom-rear of it. I'd be willing to sell it really cheap if someone wants to pick it up locally in Central NJ.
Can you PM me a pic of the fender that shows the dent with a price? I go down to the city to visit friends every month or two, and if its an easy fix I might take it off your hands. You're talking about a 2010 FXDWG rear fender right?

Old 09-09-2010, 02:34 PM
rbartick
Tourer

Here you go:

It is the OEM fender from my 2010 WG. Someone damaged my OEM fender and then bought me a new one. The damage is in the lower left corner. I also have an extra side plate frame and it is nearly perfect.

$40 for the fender. $70 for the plate frame. Local pickup.

Last edited by rbartick; 09-09-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:13 PM
HAP76
Advanced

Originally Posted by --utaptout--
Lol I know, we're all wacked. When I was shopping for my bike, I was having a b*tch of a time deciding between a FB and a WG. I liked the WG for its rake, seat, and rear fender/tailights. I liked the FB for its bars, dual brake discs, fat wheels and tank, chrome covered shocks, handling, and dual headlight (which I've grown to dislike, hence the 7 incher that's going on very soon). I decided on the FB just because it had more virtues that I was looking for. Now I am trying to turn my FB into a what I'm calling a Fat Glide lol.
utaptout, I went through the same agony trying to decide between the WG and FB. Ultimately I made the same choce as you and for most of the same reasons, but I still think the WG is one sexy looking bike.

Seems to me you are are incorporating the best aspects of both bikes into one great machine. Good luck with the Fat Glide!

Old 09-09-2010, 06:28 PM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rbartick
Here you go:

It is the OEM fender from my 2010 WG. Someone damaged my OEM fender and then bought me a new one. The damage is in the lower left corner. I also have an extra side plate frame and it is nearly perfect.

$40 for the fender. $70 for the plate frame. Local pickup.

What town in Jersey do you live in? I'm just wondering how far I'll have to drive to come get it.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:34 AM
rbartick
Tourer

PM Sent.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:47 AM
Lou E
Cruiser

rbartick, if it doesn't work out with utapout, I'll take it.

Quick Reply: Dyna Wide Glide-Changeover to Bobtail Fender