Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 street bob/ which exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006 | 02:13 PM
07NYBOB
|
Advanced
Default 2007 street bob/ which exhaust?

Picking up the new 07 BOB tomorrow. I have heard so many discreprencies as to the exhaust and what can be modified (stock, aftermarket, EPA, etc..)

Can anyone tell me...which slipons would work best with this new 96" motor. I have heard good things about Cycle Shack and S&S but have never heard them.

Some say that you don't need a remap or download on the 2007...is this right?
What should I do....I heard that these new stock pipes don't sound too good.

Your comments are appreciated.

Old 09-05-2006 | 03:24 PM
07tail
6th Gear
Default RE: 2007 street bob/ which exhaust?

ORIGINAL: 07NYBOB

Picking up the new 07 BOB tomorrow. I have heard so many discreprencies as to the exhaust and what can be modified (stock, aftermarket, EPA, etc..)

Can anyone tell me...which slipons would work best with this new 96" motor. I have heard good things about Cycle Shack and S&S but have never heard them.

You will most likely need an '07 SERT and a High Flow Air Cleaner to have confidence you will not damage your scoot. Cycle Shack should have pipes out by the end of this month. I called them. I have had Cycle Shack slip ons on all of my bikes. They sound very nice.

My wife has a set of Rush slip ons on her '06 Deluxe. Awesome sound and quality. I am impressed. They have exhausts out now for all models. Go to epiflex.com and check it out.

I will be putting Rush's on my new '07 Heritage Classic. I am confirming the above info about the SERT and the map I ran across before I make the move.

Good luck.

Old 09-07-2006 | 06:09 PM
07tail
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: 07NYBOB

I confirmed exactly what is needed per my previous reply.

I am taking my 07 Heritage in next week for Rush mufflers (slip ons). My dealer has told me that an SE air cleaner and '07 Burn is all that is needed. They will run it on the dyno to make sure it is properly tuned. They have not had problems with other 07 bikes.

Good luck!

Old 09-07-2006 | 06:39 PM
glenprice25401
Cruiser

here's what i just had done to my 07 Street Bob... i had them put on the new 07 Screamin' Eagle pipes, and a Stage 1 kit, with the "download"... and was HAPPY with the performance, but was DISAPPOINTED in the (lack of) sound.

so, i just spent my lunch hour pulling out the baffles, and MAN, what a difference in sound. Let me ride this thing around town for a few days and i'll give you an update - i wanna see if there's a drop in performance, fuel mileage, and/or popping/backfiring.
-gp

Old 09-07-2006 | 07:00 PM
WillieC
Road Master

I am using the Vance and Hines Straight Shot slipons which I ran for a while with
no other mods. But I know have the Big Sucker AC and Vance and Hines Fuelpak.
V&H Dynos thier pipes and muffs to the 07 Dyna so it is a good match up.

I just looked and V&H is listing about 5 different sets of pipes for the 2007 Dyna
http://www.vanceandhines.com/

WillieC

Old 09-10-2006 | 07:35 PM
07tail
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: glenprice25401

here's what i just had done to my 07 Street Bob... i had them put on the new 07 Screamin' Eagle pipes, and a Stage 1 kit, with the "download"... and was HAPPY with the performance, but was DISAPPOINTED in the (lack of) sound.

so, i just spent my lunch hour pulling out the baffles, and MAN, what a difference in sound. Let me ride this thing around town for a few days and i'll give you an update - i wanna see if there's a drop in performance, fuel mileage, and/or popping/backfiring.
-gp

I really look forward to your report without the baffles. We shall see if a download is all that is needed for high flow and sound.

Old 09-10-2006 | 09:22 PM
TRITON
Road Master

-gp
I hate to be the one to tell ya, but if you pulled the baffles out of you SE pipes, then you have just thrown away the money that was spent on the download. The download adjusts your bike for the SE's with the baffles in. Looking forward to your update, but I'm guessing your gonna get an A$$ load of popping and backfiring on decel. Also check the bluing on your pipes, it tells alot about what the engine is doing (running rich or lean).

Old 09-11-2006 | 01:40 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

dito,you going to have problems now,keep us updated please,i will be curious. good luck .

ORIGINAL: TRITON

-gp
I hate to be the one to tell ya, but if you pulled the baffles out of you SE pipes, then you have just thrown away the money that was spent on the download. The download adjusts your bike for the SE's with the baffles in. Looking forward to your update, but I'm guessing your gonna get an A$$ load of popping and backfiring on decel. Also check the bluing on your pipes, it tells alot about what the engine is doing (running rich or lean).

Old 09-11-2006 | 09:54 AM
glenprice25401
Cruiser

okay, latest update... popped out the baffles (07 Screamin eagle pipes, not the SEII's), and it's L-O-U-D. Haven't really spit or popped, unless you really HAMMER it 0-60mph. It's basically 3" drag-pipe slip-ons at this point. So, we're going to spend an hour or so and retool the original baffles, and put them back in... and find some sort of happy medium there. It's got a great, mean sound, but yeah, i can't rumble through my friends' neighborhood without setting off car alarms... and the last thing i want is to be a nuisance.

i HAVE noticed the low-end torque has diminished, however. At this point, i've seen the extreme, and am looking for that balance between sound and performance. So far, though, looks like the V&H HS slipons and fuelpack seems to be a good option come springtime. i'm seeing them both online for about $450.

shameless plug - i put some of my dyna blackout stuff on ebay, check it out.

glen