Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can someone provide a part number for an item on a Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 10:40 PM
MCT
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Can someone provide a part number for an item on a Fat Bob

(I don't want to contact my local dealer, really cannot stand dealing with them).

I need a part number for the rubber bumper attached to the frame the jiffy stand strikes as the stand is retracted. I have been hearing a metal-on-metal contact lately and realized the factory installed the bumper incorrectly allowing the stand to contact the frame. This one is adhered to the frame and will probably be destroyed upon removal. (2008 Fat Bob)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!!!

Old 08-18-2010, 10:56 PM
66cruiser
Road Warrior

Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

My '06 Dyna parts book shows a "bumper" p/n 50054-01.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:12 AM
Ratbob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 66cruiser
My '06 Dyna parts book shows a "bumper" p/n 50054-01.
Same PN for an '08 Fatbob. Get the Service Manual and Parts book and you'll never have to walk through your dealer's door again.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:03 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by MCT
(I don't want to contact my local dealer, really cannot stand dealing with them).

I need a part number for the rubber bumper attached to the frame the jiffy stand strikes as the stand is retracted. I have been hearing a metal-on-metal contact lately and realized the factory installed the bumper incorrectly allowing the stand to contact the frame. This one is adhered to the frame and will probably be destroyed upon removal. (2008 Fat Bob)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!!!
Unless they changed installation, you should just be able to rotate it. Mine was not glued. It just sits on the frame tube, very snugly.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:43 AM
MCT
Advanced

Thanks for the info.

I do have the service manual and have wrenched on all of my motorcycles for the last 35 years. I used to get the part numbers from my local dealer, so I didn't need a parts manual.

Mine is glued and will not rotate as I originally posted. It is strange some are and apparently some aren't.

Again, thanks to all!!!

Old 08-19-2010, 06:45 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Parts manuals actually come in pretty handy. I'd highly suggest it.

Anyway, good luck with this.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:05 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Marty:

You might want to check again ... did the kickstand (jiffy stand ... WTF?) always clank against the frame since you've owned it ... if so, maybe you are correct ....

Mine didn't clank for a long time ... then started doing it ....

R/
'Chop

Old 08-19-2010, 08:07 AM
RA51
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Put more effort into moving it. Mine was glued to an just adjusted it as my kick stand was hitting the frame when up.

Old 08-20-2010, 06:52 AM
MCT
Advanced

What happened is the stand would retract and hit the thin clamp part of the rubber as the larger 'stop' was rotated under the engine. Once the stand had finally beat its way through the very edge of the thin clamp part it started striking the frame.

I finally broke it loose last night. I think it had become 'one with the frame' and really did not want to break free. I repaired the small tear in the corner, (btw, there is a metal clamp piece within the rubber clamp part), and was able to get the bumper back on and positioned correctly. I used a dab of some high grade, electronics grade, silicone to help hold it in place.

Reference the parts manual. I, like most, have given Harley so much of my money it is actually stupid. These manuals are all over-priced and I would have to get four of them to cover the bikes. I normally would get a part number from my local dealer, they have a great parts manager, but I have tired of their absolute lack of customer care and the depressing mood of everyone there. I so rarely need a part number it just is not economically feasible for me to get one for each bike.

Thanks to all for their help and especially those who provided the actual part number!!!

Old 08-20-2010, 07:37 AM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 249 Likes on 166 Posts

Below website is just as good as a parts manual:

Originally Posted by WS6 Formula
The link below is good for finding original part numbers.
http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....m_oem/hdmc.asp

Find your year, model, part, then put a 1 in the qty box of the item or items that you want the part number of, then click on "add items to parts list", then click on "send to cart" to get the part number.

Quick Reply: Can someone provide a part number for an item on a Fat Bob