Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 fxdb can't decide between arlen ness/k&n/roland sands

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 07:13 PM
youngpappy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 08 fxdb can't decide between arlen ness/k&n/roland sands

any one have experience with them, or all?

do the k&n aircharger or the forcewinders really add much more power than the open round styles like the arlen ness and roland sands?

trying to get most for money
they all look good

Old 08-18-2010, 12:58 PM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

I have a Ness Cheap Sucker. Seems to be same as the Big Sucker, but, as the name implies, cheaper. Very happy with it - especially for the price (around $80-100).

Old 08-18-2010, 01:18 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by youngpappy
any one have experience with them, or all?

do the k&n aircharger or the forcewinders really add much more power than the open round styles like the arlen ness and roland sands?

trying to get most for money
they all look good
No signifigant power differences. I have had Kury,another KN,and an Arlen Ness cheap sucker. No difference in power worth mentioning.
The arlen Ness CHROME cheap sucker is the best bang for the buck for sure. I love it. Its classy,simple, and doesnt have all the HEY LOOK AT MY AIR FILTER qualities that the others have. Its just a good lookin clean setup.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Bear_925
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

K&N works, Big sucker, (what I have) is good too, can change all the covers easily, RSD A/C are sick but kinda pricey, look good though.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:35 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Using my hvac background here...my thinking is that the throttle body will only flow so much air, no matter what filter you attach to it. So spending more money on a "stage 2" air cleaner would probably be a waste of cash. RSD products are nice but dang are they pricey.

So, what I'm saying is the money you're spending is more on form than function. How much bling do you need and what are you willing to pay for it is more the question.

Last edited by SC-Longhair; 08-18-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:30 PM
junior07
Road Master
Received 89 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Using my hvac background here...my thinking is that the throttle body will only flow so much air, no matter what filter you attach to it. So spending more money on a "stage 2" air cleaner would probably be a waste of cash. RSD products are nice but dang are they pricey.

So, what I'm saying is the money you're spending is more on form than function. How much bling do you need and what are you willing to pay for it is more the question.

I was just wondering about this myself lately. I have the Screaming Eagle stage 1 back plate, but I put a K&N filter on it (since it lasts forever). So my question is "Does the backplate make any difference in ariflow or is it all in the filter?" Or "is one backplate better than another?"