Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a PCV map

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 06:45 AM
rfwaters
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need a PCV map

Any one running a PCV with Big radius 2-2 and SE a/c with a Fuel Motto Map? Im running the map dyno jet has on their site, if i would've done more research i would've probably got my PCV through fuel motto just for their map, would fuel motto's maps be better than the maps from dyno jet? I do plan on getting my bike on a dyno but im waiting till i do cams this winter, but until then i would like the closest map i can get with the set up i have.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:11 AM
jshull
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how does it run? fuel moto maps are not spot on either, i have one of their maps. rinehart 2into1 and wimmer intake, i think its rich, and i get decel popping, and a stutter at 2700-3100 up hill acceleration. there is no constitution for a real tune. but I am not tuning until fall when 1 get cams and headwork.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:03 AM
rfwaters
Advanced

Originally Posted by jshull
how does it run? fuel moto maps are not spot on either, i have one of their maps. rinehart 2into1 and wimmer intake, i think its rich, and i get decel popping, and a stutter at 2700-3100 up hill acceleration. there is no constitution for a real tune. but I am not tuning until fall when 1 get cams and headwork.
I get the decel popping also other than that i dont have much to compare to since i added all the mods soon after i bought the bike, i also put BCT baffles in and i think thats what started the decel popping.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:41 AM
rfwaters
Advanced
Old 08-19-2010, 12:16 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

A canned map is only going to make it rideable. Your best bet is either to try and make adjustments in the rpm range/throttle position by doing test rides, then changing pertinant values. Repeat process.

-OR-

Get your bike tuned.

I'm a firm believer that a map that works good in the geographic locale that Fuelmoto is in may not be optimum for your climate. Air density and relative humidity play a part in your motor's performance. Why do you think motors tend to run better in colder weather?

Old 08-19-2010, 04:06 PM
rfwaters
Advanced

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
A canned map is only going to make it rideable. Your best bet is either to try and make adjustments in the rpm range/throttle position by doing test rides, then changing pertinant values. Repeat process.

-OR-

Get your bike tuned.

I'm a firm believer that a map that works good in the geographic locale that Fuelmoto is in may not be optimum for your climate. Air density and relative humidity play a part in your motor's performance. Why do you think motors tend to run better in colder weather?
Ya i just wanted to compare maps and see if something would work better, i never thought about the climate facter. Thanks for the input!