Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Success on my '06 Dyna Stage 1 upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 10:05 PM
KindredSpirit
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Success on my '06 Dyna Stage 1 upgrades

Attempted the stage one upgrades myself. Very nervous before I started because the bike ran OK in stock form and with my mechanical aptitude going backwards was a significant possibility. At any rate, I ordered a PCIII from FuelMoto, a SE air cleaner kit from HD and Khrome Werks 2.5" slip ons from JP Cycles. Now the bike runs really well! The fuel curve seems almost perfect, even without a dyno run. No popping or backfires and much smoother. I will change to fresh plugs and check them after a few miles. Everything was easy to install, with the most difficult part being finding room for the PCIII connectors and harness. The mufflers have a nice mellow sound. I had V&H 2:1 pipes on an earlier Softail and they were pretty loud. I think these are a touch mellower than the SE slip ons, which fits my needs just fine. Highly recommended parts. I couldn't be happier.

Old 09-04-2006, 10:11 PM
warren888
Account Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Success on my '06 Dyna Stage 1 upgrades

I am really interested in a better description of the Khrome Werks slip-ons.

I've been studying and mulling for the past 45 days, and I basically have decided on the Khrome Werks - but I wanted to wait for their new 3" slip-ons that are tapered (look like factory pipes).

From everything i've read, the Khrome Werks sound is a pretty deep rumble but not too loud. Is that acccurate?

I am looking for a deeper sound and a little louder than stock, but I don't like the really loud bikes (and in CT, lots of tickets happening because of noise / modified exhaust).

I'm also wondering how much of a difference you feel in terms of torque / power? Is it noticable?

Thanks for the info... Warren

Old 09-04-2006, 10:21 PM
KindredSpirit
Advanced

Warren, the Khrome Werks slip-ons are new for me. I've only had HD slips or full V&H systems on other bikes. Your description of the sound is right on. Deep tone. Not raspy. And the sound level is pretty linear. They get louder at higher revs but not by much. I bought the 2.5 tapered, and off the bike I thought they looked a little small but on the bike they work great because they almost look like straight pipes. The diameter of the slip on is not much bigger than the stock header pipe heat shield. I don't know about the longevity - yet to be seen. But they fit great and have high quality chrome. Plus at under $200.00 not much risk.

Old 09-05-2006, 11:58 PM
warren888
Account Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks - that sounds exactly what I am looking for.

I also found your "straight pipe" look intriguing. I love that look... my only consideration is the touchy CT environment. Some of the police departments have actually studied the shape of stock vs. after market exhaust (no kidding - so says the dealer who has had officers in to look at the catalogs for that purpose) and will more likely ticket the modified... so a "stock" exhaust look has advantages here. The Khrome Werks 3" slip ons (tapered) will probably look like the stock pipes.

SO - either I pick the 3" for stock look... or the 2.5" for more of a straigh pipe look.

Anyway - I appreciate the feedback!

Old 09-11-2006, 12:38 PM
dj4016
Intermediate

Hey Kendred- Just wandering where you put that PCIII, and can u give me some pointers on how u installed it. Thanks DJ