Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Fishtail Dresser-style Duals AND Rear 17" Whitewall Tire on Street Bob *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 03:02 PM
HoodlumCanal
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile My Fishtail Dresser-style Duals AND Rear 17" Whitewall Tire on Street Bob *PICS*

Hi guys,
Just in case anyone was interested I'm posting some pics of my SB. During the winter a friend and I welded up some duals copying the '08 and later duals from the touring line. It wasd too cramped and required too much work to try to get it to bend out the left side so instead we kept it right and bent it under the frame. Theres no clearance issues whatsoever. Kept the stock header pipes and added 1 3/4" for the rest. Lots of bends ( I think six) and welding. Had to fab up two exhaust mounts, the one under the frame was a pain but it turned out pretty good. Didn't want the shiny look and I don't even want to think about how much time it would take to make good chromed heat shields so we wrapped it with the Titanium wrap. Would have prefered black, but I didn't want the fade and hassle and the color has grown on me. Good heat retention too. Unless I'm in stop and go fro more than 10 minutes I don't even notice the heat and that's including the 85+ temps weve had for awhile up here. Left a couple inches of the headers to the O2 ports unwrapped to try to stop the cracking that has been known to happen. Got over 3,000 on it with no problems except one of my mounts broke but I've been going with out it and theres no problem. I love the look from the back seeing both fishtails.

The tire I had custom made. It's an Avon Storm Ut2 160/70/17 to match the venom 100/90/19 up front. Not as wide as most tires but I didn't really care. Got close to 2000 miles on them so far. Thought my guy did a pretty damn good job. I know it's a hate/love it thing with WWW but I've always been into Lead Sleds and such. The shot with the Red rim/whitewall is from my 55' GMC we rebuilt a decade ago and I thought it'd look cool for a side by side.

Also welded up the A-bar in the back from some .5" straight bar and plates. The angle of the shot makes it look really high, but it's proportied well to the mini apes especially with a rider sinking the back a bit. Other than that it's just usual stuff. Mustang fastback, PCIII, some more black, WS6 AC and Deuce bucket (thanks!)... Took the advice of JRK and WS6 for the air shocks. Did 700 miles in 11 hours easy last week.

Up next hoping to do Wide Bob trees and 16" 1 1/4" during the winter but keeping the 19" up front and getting JRK to blast some stuff for me. Might have to start a new 4 wheel project. The GF's grandma is the original owner of a 58' GMC 2nd series that's been sitting in their garage for a decade and she's itching to get rid of it

Sorry for the novel. Let me know what you think
-A

Attached Thumbnails My Fishtail Dresser-style Duals AND Rear 17" Whitewall Tire on Street Bob *PICS*-dsc00201.jpg   My Fishtail Dresser-style Duals AND Rear 17" Whitewall Tire on Street Bob *PICS*-dsc00204.jpg   My Fishtail Dresser-style Duals AND Rear 17" Whitewall Tire on Street Bob *PICS*-dsc00206.jpg   My Fishtail Dresser-style Duals AND Rear 17" Whitewall Tire on Street Bob *PICS*-dsc00207.jpg   My Fishtail Dresser-style Duals AND Rear 17" Whitewall Tire on Street Bob *PICS*-dsc00208.jpg  

Old 08-16-2010, 03:23 PM
MDStbob
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks awesome!
Jim

Old 08-16-2010, 03:31 PM
coachstorms
Tourer

Looks dope! Can you tell us more about the custom made rear tire? Who, where, how, how much?

Old 08-16-2010, 06:12 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Absolutely brilliant. I have been pulling whats left of my hair out trying to figure out how to run dresser duals on my Springer Low Rider. Never even dawned on me to go underneath the bike. I've been trying to engineer some pipes with obscenely sharp turns and switchbacks to get the rear pipes threw the hole and over the primary. Thats is an awesome job, looks great and will be duplicated by myself and others on this and many forums over this winter. Kudos!

Old 08-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Wonkaboy
Banned

Looks great , I had that idea last year using a set of thunderheaders !

Old 08-16-2010, 06:38 PM
MasterGunz
Tourer

Originally Posted by HoodlumCanal
The tire I had custom made. It's an Avon Storm Ut2 160/70/17 to match the venom 100/90/19 up front. Not as wide as most tires but I didn't really care. Got close to 2000 miles on them so far. Thought my guy did a pretty damn good job. I know it's a hate/love it thing with WWW but I've always been into Lead Sleds and such. The shot with the Red rim/whitewall is from my 55' GMC we rebuilt a decade ago and I thought it'd look cool for a side by side.-A
I agree the shot with the 55 GMC in the background is awsome! Loving those whitewalls, nice job.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:42 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

that is just awesome! nice work man... i have to say i love that! been waiting on someone to pull this off!

Old 08-16-2010, 07:06 PM
chi45cken
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice ride my friend! I love the WWWs!

Old 08-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Bone11B
Road Captain

Very nice work man... how do you like those air shocks? What did you get them off of?

Old 08-16-2010, 10:07 PM
HDHornet
Road Warrior

Looks great, I always wondered how those exhaust would look on a Bob, thanks!

Quick Reply: My Fishtail Dresser-style Duals AND Rear 17" Whitewall Tire on Street Bob *PICS*