Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer & 100hp/100fpt promise ? REALLY

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 08:54 PM
TO34
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Exclamation Dealer & 100hp/100fpt promise ? REALLY

So I decided that Im keeping my 05 FDXi and going to play with the motor. I know times are tough for everyone selling, building or anything to do with motorcycles but service manager is telling me for 1200$ (out the door) he can swap cams , (255cams btw) new SERT & dyno time & have the bike pulling those numbers ... 100hp / 100fpt. I have to say I'm very VERY uncomfortable with pulling the trigger on this. Because it really just seems far fetched... at least to me.
Its not that I think he's asking to much in money I think he's just promising way more then it can do.

I am in no way a expert in HD motors So if anyone can give me some light on this issue.

Thanks
& if anyone is pulling those numbers or even close out of a 88 motor PLEASE let me know.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:18 PM
that_guy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$1200 seems like a lot for cams and a tune...

Old 08-13-2010, 09:26 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TO34
So I decided that Im keeping my 05 FDXi and going to play with the motor. I know times are tough for everyone selling, building or anything to do with motorcycles but service manager is telling me for 1200$ (out the door) he can swap cams , (255cams btw) new SERT & dyno time & have the bike pulling those numbers ... 100hp / 100fpt. I have to say I'm very VERY uncomfortable with pulling the trigger on this. Because it really just seems far fetched... at least to me.
Its not that I think he's asking to much in money I think he's just promising way more then it can do.

I am in no way a expert in HD motors So if anyone can give me some light on this issue.

Thanks
& if anyone is pulling those numbers or even close out of a 88 motor PLEASE let me know.
Just cams and a tune??
I would sit down and map out everything that you might want to do to the engine, including up grades to known weak parts and see where you are at. It is no doubt when they get in there it is " you need this and you need that now that we have it apart" scenario. Check out the builds people have done here on the forum and compare.
CB

Old 08-13-2010, 09:28 PM
TO34
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cbz1200n
Just cams and a tune??
I would sit down and map out everything that you might want to do to the engine, including up grades to known weak parts and see where you are at. It is no doubt when they get in there it is " you need this and you need that now that we have it apart" scenario. Check out the builds people have done here on the forum and compare.
CB

Thanks... Thats very much where I'm at, at the moment looking at ideas & what way I want to go with the over all build.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:47 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by that_guy
$1200 seems like a lot for cams and a tune...
I don't think 1200 is unreasonable for the dealer to do it? What are cams, 200 or so, plus labor for installing them. The dealer probably wants 400+ for the race tuner and my dealer wants 400 for their "super duper" tune.
I just don't think you are gong to get any where close to 100/100 though.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:47 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have done more than that, and the most i get is 91 hp, 101 lbs of torque , tourque is what you want

Old 08-13-2010, 10:00 PM
MLWilson
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would be a deal if he could do it, I don't think it's possible. Without headwork, some compression and a good 2 into 1 exhaust I think he would be lucky to hit 90's. JMO Mark

Old 08-14-2010, 12:13 AM
powg
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 100 squared

he is blowing smoke up your *** ... impossible to get those numbers with out major head work... let alone bumping the compression and the little extras would eat you up ......plus a dyno slip can be printed on any computer

Old 08-14-2010, 12:19 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with needing more compression to get those numbers. In reality you will need a set of 10.25 or 10.5 comp forged pistons(big bore preferred) and a set of cams, Normal stuff like a good air filter/ proper exhaust/ some wear parts and a choice tuner and you should get their no problem.

I am gonna do a big bore 95 real soon.
Big Bore $450
Cams $235
New valves
Cam shoes
Gaskets

Old 08-14-2010, 12:26 AM
phatman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by powg
he is blowing smoke up your *** ... impossible to get those numbers with out major head work... let alone bumping the compression and the little extras would eat you up ......plus a dyno slip can be printed on any computer

^ I think that is the ticket. They can manipulate the dyno numbers any way they want to get it to look good. Like everyone else said I'm highly skeptical that they can get those numbers legitimately.

Quick Reply: Dealer & 100hp/100fpt promise ? REALLY