Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to by a C&C Seat Leather or Vinyl?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 12:30 PM
HATZO1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default About to by a C&C Seat Leather or Vinyl?

I'm about to order a C & C Sport Tour for my 08 FXD, and was wanting to know if anybody had a honest preference to leather or vinyl and if anybody had pics of both. I have had both myself and really can tell a difference as far as the supposed cooling effect. Which is really the only advantage I have read about. Just looking for some opinions/experence here. I know ultimately its my *** on the seat . I just like doing my research on a big purchase like this for me in these times of tight wallets.
Thanks

Old 08-12-2010, 02:23 PM
PhatTerry
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is leather. I would go vinyl next time as the leather can look like cellulite dimples. They have a really good leather grained vinyl that is perfect IMHO. If you need a place to order, we have them on our site with free shipping as well.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:37 PM
TopKat
Advanced

I'm about ready to buy a C&C fastback for my '10 FXDC and have been mulling around leather vs. vinyl. I think because after its left out in the sun for a few thousand miles leather will eventually discolor, get worn spots, possibly crack in the long run. I've seen a few do that. I know you have to keep up with maintenance a lot more. Vinyl is easyer to care for and shouldnt get hard if you forget or put off cleaning/conditioning it.
Ok, ok.......so I'm a lazy guy when it comes to the seat.

P.S. I did take a ride up there from San Diego to check out their operation. Looks like they make a quality product and are very helpful.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:42 PM
lkohan7373
Cruiser

I would say it is a personal choice but IMHO I would go vinyl for ease of care and durability. It seems that leather needs more upkeep and more importantly can't withstand the elements as well. Vinyl is easier to maintain and will last longer. Remember in the long run it's your backside on the seat. Good luck!

Old 08-12-2010, 02:47 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Vinyl last much better than the leather. I have a vinyl seat and it looks brand new still as does everyone else's I know that runs vinyl.

Drew

Old 08-12-2010, 02:48 PM
HATZO1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhatTerry
Mine is leather. I would go vinyl next time as the leather can look like cellulite dimples. They have a really good leather grained vinyl that is perfect IMHO. If you need a place to order, we have them on our site with free shipping as well.
I was checking out your guys site today. Ill have to call you as I want a design in the seat.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:02 PM
norris
Cruiser

I have a vinyl squareback on my 08 street bob and I am the second owner of this seat. it still looks brand new imo Very impressed in the seat and ride it gives

Old 08-12-2010, 04:23 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the Mercedes Vinyl and it has held up great. 20K miles on it and still looks brand new.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 for the vinyl. More forgiving on the wear and tear. Leather will stretch and get those dimples.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:45 PM
wolvie1892
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Leather does stretch and dimple and can wear out if not taken care of, but living in S.Tx, a leather seat can prevent "swamp ***" and breathes better than vinyl.

Quick Reply: About to by a C&C Seat Leather or Vinyl?