Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to by a C&C Seat Leather or Vinyl?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 09:30 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with Wolvie. My C&C is leather and while it shows creases in only a few hundred miles (partially hidden by the custom stitching I had them do) it isn't anything I worry about. Kinda like your leather jacket - gonna look broken in at some point.

But it is definitely less sweaty on the butt compared to the other vinyl seats I have for the Dyna and the stock seat on my 'Glide. Not like sitting on fabric in your air conditioned living room, but noticeable with any kind of heat during the ride.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:04 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have been riding on a Danny Grey Badger for the last 15 - 20K miles. Pretty sure the part you sit on is leather and the rest of the seat is vinyl. The thinking was the leather is more comfortable but the vinyl holds its shape better.

Bottom line is the seat still looks mint. Leather gets hot when it's hot out. Can't imagine it being much worse with vinyl.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:25 AM
Bob'n'Stang
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you keep the bike in a garage or outside?
If its outside vinyl will be better but if it's kept inside the leather will last a long time. I prefer leather it does give a more comfortable ride.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:00 AM
TopKat
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Bbreck, how do you like that seat for long distance?

Old 08-13-2010, 11:49 AM
HATZO1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I just ordered the Sport Tour, plain with the mercedes textured vinyl. The texture reminds me of the stuff my Corbin on my old bike was wrapped in and I really liked it's looks. I decided to go with the vinyl for the durability and cost factor. I had a leather seat b4 and really my *** sweated just as bad with it as with my vinyl oem seat now. So that wasnt a factor.Looking forward to getting now. Thanks for all the input guys. Ill post up some pics when I get it.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:23 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TopKat
Hey Bbreck, how do you like that seat for long distance?
I have the removeable backrest and it works great for me on long distance. 300+ mile days are no problem and did 1100 miles in 20 hours awhile back on a Iron Butt ride. Butt got a little sore on that one but think it would with any seat.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:29 PM
SportEd
Intermediate

Anyone have feedback on the passenger comfort of the Sport Tour seat?

Old 08-13-2010, 10:12 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

first off you spend thousands on mods and are worried about how much leather costs over vinyl, if you get a good quality leather and it is treated right it looks and feels better, hell you wash your bike but you won`t take care of your leather i treat it twice a year 20,000 miles no wrinkles no dimbles , vinyl looks cheap because it is cheap again you make your bike fast and good looking but what your *** sits on you worry about cost come on guys

Old 08-14-2010, 07:14 AM
Bone11B
Road Captain

I just bought a sport tour in vinyl... and have a good long ride today. Even though its raining .
First impression is wow! Nice comfort good quality!

Update coming this evening.....

Old 08-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I dragged a HD Jacket out of the closet last Spring that my Wife bought for me about 30 years ago and that I hadn't worn (or payed any attention to) in over twenty years.

So I grabbed some stuff called "Leather CPR" on a whim and treated the whole jacket with it. It looks new. I mean NEW. Very nearly perfect. It was a PITA, but if they even made the jacket anymore it would easily be in the $500 range. Probably more these days.

Point being, nothing looks like leather, nothing feels like leather, nothing breathes like leather, nothing lasts like leather, nothing is more comfortable than leather and there just simply is no substitute for leather. None. Then there's the smell of new leather. Kinda cool.

If you need to clean leather, just use some Dawn dish soap about the same strength as you would for some pretty dirty pots and pans. Apply it on (don't scrub it on like you hate it), do NOT let it dry, then rinse it off with a soap-free CLEAN, damp or wet cloth and make sure you get every last bit of soap off of it.

After it is COMPLETELY dry (usually a day or so) apply the Leather CPR. I rub it in with my bare fingers. Get a better feel that way. Then allow IT to dry. Usually a few hours. You can then gently buff it with a clean, dry, soft cloth but I'm lazy and usually don't.

CAUTION: Once you apply your Leather CPR and the seat looks great again, your seat WILL be a tad slippery for a while. Even after it dries. It's not residue, it's just -- Like new again. Careful you don't slip on it. It usualy takes just a few rides for it to get back to normal.

Just sharing an experience, YMMV.

Last edited by Grendel4; 08-14-2010 at 09:45 AM.

Quick Reply: About to by a C&C Seat Leather or Vinyl?