Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well I had it painted

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010 | 05:22 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member

Your painter does good work. Thats gonna look great.

Old 08-11-2010 | 06:11 PM
QehQeh
Road Captain

Wow, awesome work! I love the pinstriping. Make sure you put painters or masking tape around the areas where the rear fender mounts to the struts, and any other areas that might get scratched.

Old 08-11-2010 | 06:34 PM
KYFATBOB
|
Tourer

Thanks for the compliments guys... I cant wait to get it back together, and yes the guy painting it is good. He does mainly hot rods and custom cars but has started to get more into the bikes as of late. The best part he dont screw around and gets it done, I dropped my tins off to him monday afternoon and get them back tomorrow. He is also very reasonbly priced, I sent him pictures of what I wanted and he emailed me back a price I couldnt pass up.

Old 08-11-2010 | 06:37 PM
Vincewd
Road Master

I like the paint

Old 08-11-2010 | 07:00 PM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member

Sweet!

Old 08-11-2010 | 07:09 PM
inaroush
Road Captain

That looks AWESOME! WOW WOW WOW I like it alot!

Old 08-12-2010 | 12:55 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member

Dude, That's gonna look GREAT! Pics installed ASAP!

Old 08-12-2010 | 01:22 PM
HBomb74
Road Master

dude that looks cool as hell. Gonna be a head turner for sure!!

Old 08-12-2010 | 01:34 PM
jones654
Intermediate

Hey man looks great. I am about to send mine off to get painted as well. I am doing Yenko type racing stripes down mine in ghost pearl. Your in luck with the wiring assembly as well. I don't have pictures but I think I can step you through it. I just got done doing a side mount license plate on mine and I had to take the brake light off to clean that bracket and like you I forgot how to put it back together but soon figured it all out. It took me a couple of beers and about 20 minutes to figure it out again. The first thing I did was put the brackets to the tail light assembly. They should be the silver brackets. You will want to run your turn signals wire outside in the middle hole of this bracket. After that get the tail light bracket, I put the left side up first. I ran the main brake wires through the tail light bracket through the left side. There should be two big holes on the left and the right. The brake lamp plug and the left blinker wire/plug go through the left side. I plugged the brake lamp plug in and the left blinker plug in and left the the right one dangling. I then bolted up the left side. It takes about 4 hands to do this. After I did the left side I went to the right side. I pushed the left blinker plug through the big hole in the brake light bracket and waited to plug that in until I was through bolting everything else together. After I bolted the right side up I plugged in the right blinker. It's pretty easy the only thing you have to remember is the silver bracket that holds the whole assembly up to the fender. It sounds wierd but the blinker plugs go outside in through the middle hole in this bracket. I'm saying that because I actually left the left side bracket dangling while I made the mount and it saved me. Hopefully this isn't to hard to understand. It's a pain but after you look at it a couple of times and have a couple of beers it comes to you. LOL

Good looking tins man. If you need anymore help I can take a couple of pictures today or tomorrow to help out.

Take care man and ride safe

Old 08-12-2010 | 07:43 PM
KYFATBOB
|
Tourer

Well here is the finished product, I took with my cell phone so its not the greatest. Will get some better pics of it in the sunlight tomorrow.

Attached Thumbnails Well I had it painted-photo.jpg  

Quick Reply: Well I had it painted