Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuelpak Website Vs. Numbers Sheet

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Bear_925
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuelpak Website Vs. Numbers Sheet

Got the fuelpak on my dyna with thunderheader pipe and fuel map setting listed online is different from the instructions sheet I got with the fuelpak according to the settings for my bike.

Which one would be my best bet or should I just go with the online one since it is probably the most up to date? Thanks.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:14 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The website is the best and most updated maps available. You should be aware of this. ALWAYS use value 25 in mode 23 no matter what the applicable map for your setup calls for. That is a stupid fuel shutoff for deceleration and when the fuelpak allows fuel to turn back on your bike will buck and backfire. very similar to when you were a kid and turned off the ignition on your vehicle then back on just to hear the loud backfire!
By using value 25 it turns this feature off and allows the engine fuel on decel and you will also notice a deceleration cackle. I was going to remove the fuelpak until I discovered I was able to turn that feature off. For performance riding you always want the engine ready for fuel and never want the fuel to be shutoff completely. considering you went with the Thunderheader you must care more about performance than a little bit of decel cackling. Trust me you will be happy.

Last edited by parts eeter; 08-10-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:27 PM
orbframe
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by parts eeter
The website is the best and most updated maps available. You should be aware of this. ALWAYS use value 25 in mode 23 no matter what the applicable map for your setup calls for. That is a stupid fuel shutoff for deceleration and when the fuelpak allows fuel to turn back on your bike will buck and backfire. very similar to when you were a kid and turned off the ignition on your vehicle then back on just to hear the loud backfire!
By using value 25 it turns this feature off and allows the engine fuel on decel and you will also notice a deceleration cackle. I was going to remove the fuelpak until I discovered I was able to turn that feature off. For performance riding you always want the engine ready for fuel and never want the fuel to be shutoff completely. considering you went with the Thunderheader you must care more about performance than a little bit of decel cackling. Trust me you will be happy.
uum no...

did you calibrate your throttle properly? it only kills fuel at 0% throttle. Mine is set to the stock number (what, 16 for 1600rpm) for my application and it functions perfectly with no "backfiring" upon reapplication of throttle.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:14 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

Read
http://www.fuelpakfi.com/vtwin/faq.html#q1

Last edited by parts eeter; 08-10-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:16 PM
Badmonkey
Tourer

go with the website..if yer not happy with that it only takes a few mins to reprogram it..i had to reprogram mine about 3 times..very easy ,, and now it runs like a dream

Old 08-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Bear_925
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the advice, so whats the concensus on the fuel shut off setting? Value 25 in mode 23 always?

...thanks for the tip I will run it and see how it sounds.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:00 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

I am not big on busting somebody elses bubble. But Orby is wrong here and I would have thrown that Fuelpak in the trash if I hadnt talked with a Vance and Hines tech regarding my issues with my tune. he explained to me what the feature did and I changed the value and it fixed my bike. I was having all sorts of issues with rideability before I changed it.
It is so easy to reprogram this system. I would go so far as to say install the map that your setup calls for and do 100 miles, then change that value to the max like I said. Then post back and tell us what you think.

My bike ran so bad with mode 23 set at 16 I almost dropped my bike in a couple of corners because it was like I went into a corner and shut the throttle down even though I was twisting it to apex the corner. Then it would flatspot real bad then buck and pop when I tried to take off from a stoplight. Changed the value to max and bike runs like a smooth machine.
Thats my experience, The newbie up there says differently. I have had my bike for 10k miles and 3 maps I feel I am pretty confident that I know what does what on my machine and how I want it to run.
In all my years of tuning a inline 4 cylinder bike whether it was carbs or fuel injection, we ALWAYS left extra fuel in the deceleration areas. Vance and Hines only installed this feature to shutup the people that were whining about my bike pops on decel. They are supposed too, it means your engine and valves have fuel available to survive.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:27 AM
Handsome
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Must agree with parts eeter on this one, had the exact same problem and changed the value to 25 and problem solved. Still pops on deceleration though but I live with it :-)

Old 08-11-2010, 08:15 AM
Badmonkey
Tourer

i kinda like the occasional pop on the decel..when cruising along at about 15-20 in 1st gear and roll the throttle back just a lil it pops once kinda loud when the engine is cold