Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIBRATION issues??

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 11:35 AM
rickshog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VIBRATION issues??

OK... I have a 06' superglide with V&H pipes a/c and PCIII. My bike runs great. My dad has 06' dyna 35th with screamin pipes a/c and download. I rode his to the dealer for the 1k service and the buzzing vibration from the seat was so annoying I dont think I could have ridden the bike 30 miles straight. Vibration problem seems to come in at the same RPM range in every gear (like 2100-2600 rpm) Dealer said he did feel a vibration and called harley who sent him a motor mount. He put it in and said it was fixed. I came by and rode it and there was clearly no differance. Told him and now he says there is an exceptable amount of vibration. Clearly he thought there was a problem and he says there may not be. The regional guy is coming on tues. to ride the bike. Was wondering if anyone had any ideas for me. Like I said I have pretty much the same bike and the differance is BIG. Sorry about the long post but thanks!!!
Rick

Old 09-03-2006, 11:40 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VIBRATION issues??

i have read many reports on loose motor mounts,might wanna check those .. sure not norm .

Old 09-03-2006, 11:53 AM
rickshog
Tourer

sorry.... forgot that... They said they loosened all mounting bolts and tightened them from back to front as per harley.
Thanks
Rick

Old 09-03-2006, 01:28 PM
stubby
Road Captain

Check the belt. Both actually. My vibration was caused by the drive belt being within rec., but causing the vibration. The mech. realigned the rear wheel and gave me a little more play.

Old 09-03-2006, 03:49 PM
rickshog
Tourer

well.... maybe thats it... I just want the guy whose gunna be test riding it to tell me that t5here is nothing wrong with the bike.
Thanks again
Rick

Old 09-03-2006, 05:49 PM
dynamolowrider
Tourer

you might check compresion and see if thers a difrance between cylinders.one cylinder might not of seated properly.had that hapen on a old ironhead sportster.

Old 09-03-2006, 09:43 PM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 249 Likes on 166 Posts

Vibration Fix, read post#4

Old 09-04-2006, 02:52 AM
DougsDyna
Banned

Did the dealer loosen the mounts, and then run the engine for several seconds on the stand?
This is Harley's procedure to align the engine on the frame.

Just my .02

DD

Old 09-05-2006, 03:35 AM
docsg
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: rickshog

OK... I have a 06' superglide with V&H pipes a/c and PCIII. My bike runs great. My dad has 06' dyna 35th with screamin pipes a/c and download. I rode his to the dealer for the 1k service and the buzzing vibration from the seat was so annoying I dont think I could have ridden the bike 30 miles straight. Vibration problem seems to come in at the same RPM range in every gear (like 2100-2600 rpm) Dealer said he did feel a vibration and called harley who sent him a motor mount. He put it in and said it was fixed. I came by and rode it and there was clearly no differance. Told him and now he says there is an exceptable amount of vibration. Clearly he thought there was a problem and he says there may not be. The regional guy is coming on tues. to ride the bike. Was wondering if anyone had any ideas for me. Like I said I have pretty much the same bike and the differance is BIG. Sorry about the long post but thanks!!!
Rick
I had a similar problem with my 05' FXDL. At 2500 miles I asked the service manager to ride it and he agreed that the vibration (buzz) in the handlebars and pegs were more than would be expected. They changed the motor mounts and did a series of other "fixes" suggested by the Motor Company. Nothing really changed. The regional rep rode it and agreed that the vibration was a little more than normal. At first they tried to tell me that it was normal and would subside somewhat after I put more miles on it. I told them that was "b*** s***" as this was my second twin cam FXDL (first was an 01') and it was smooth. Bottom line-the regional rep okayed an engine swap as suggested by the service manager (complete new engine) and since then it runs great (and only a minimum of vibration). Since all this occured in July of 05', they also offered me a great deal on an 06' if I was not satisfied. I'm now glad I kept the 05' as it is a great machine and I will probably wait untlil the 08's to trade to make sure the new engine/tranny combo has all the kinks worked out (although I'm now convinced that all model years have one kink or another). For example, I just had the horn changed out because the dealer said the factory installed a run of defective horns in late 05' and mine was one of the defective ones. BTW, my dealer is HD of Montgomery (AL) and they have given me nothing but top notch service (and they didn't pay me to say that!!)

Old 09-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Stanger
Road Master

Finally, a possible answer to my vibration problems!! Thanks everyone!!!