Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rode a Sporty Today-Very Nice!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 11:46 PM
dFREDb
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rode a Sporty Today-Very Nice!

A coworker rode up today on a beautiful black 2010 1200C. After everyone had finished ooohing and aaaahing over it, he handed me the keys and said "Want to take it for a ride?". I felt very honored that he trusted me with a bike with 68 miles on the clock, and a little nervous, but I had never ridden one before and didn't want to miss the chance. It sat much higher than my lowered FXDC, and felt a little strange at first, but it only took about 1/4 mile before it had that inexplainable Harley "feel". Even though when I got back on my bike it was like an old friend, the 1200C was a great experience! To all of y'all who think a Sporty is a just a "chick" bike, you must not have ever ridden one

Old 08-10-2010, 01:02 AM
joesride
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have always liked sportys, owned a few over the years and liked em alot, only reason i don't have one now is that 2-up they just are not quite up to snuff as my Dyna is.And that nonsense about a Sportster being a chics bike has always made me laugh. Most who say that either never rode one, or they have other issues.One other thought about Sportsters, in my opinion the best looking bike Harley has ever made is a Sportster with the peanut tank, that style just will never look outdated to me, i am not too crazy about the styling of Sportys with the bigger tanks on them, the peanut tank really makes the Sporty look right. To each his own i suppose.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:18 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I rode Sporties for years great bike and fun to ride. Was looking at one over the weekend at the dealer might just have to get me one again.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:07 AM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love Sportsters. The Nightster and the 48 are some of the best looking bikes there are and I'm sure they ride and perform so much better than my old '72 Sporty did, and that was one hlluva bike.

I've gotten taller and bigger since then, and ride two up quite a bit with Anadina. . . but I'll never put one down. They can be very thrilling to ride.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:15 AM
GasserNorm
Cruiser

I loved my old Sporty. If I had more cash I would buy a new "48". They are great city bikes.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:32 AM
Johnny_Ringo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by GasserNorm
I loved my old Sporty. If I had more cash I would buy a new "48". They are great city bikes.
agree, 48 is the best thing out there right now. chopped sportsters have gotten a lot of my 20-something friends into harley, which i feel like is the market they are going after hard right now.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As much as i tease a couple of fellow brothers about riding sportys, when i bought the W.G. i was actually looking at getting a little bobbed out sporty for a bar hopper. Wouldnt mind having a nightster, 883 iron, or 48 at all! Sharp looking bikes! Of course then i would have 2 bikes that people consider bar hoppers and might have to trade in the W.G. for a new Road King! Haha...love to dream....come on Money Tree start growing!!!!

Old 08-10-2010, 08:57 AM
zoopman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Of all the bikes-- my wife wanted a sportster. She now ownes a 2008--XL1200. I got to say that the sportster is very fast--and very fun on the twisties. I also must say that I think this machine would kick any stock Dyna's a$$ on the street-- (she doesn't know this yet--or maybe she does?) From 04 and on the sportster models added the rubber engine isolaters which seem to make this bike as smooth as my Dyna. I'm glad she picked the sportster as I sure am having fun riding it when she isn't.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:41 AM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yep, I had a 2005 883 Custom. Loved it. The Bob just gives me so much more.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:48 AM
1320go
Cruiser
Smile sportsters

I think Sportsters are great motorcycles.The 48 to me is the sweetest ride that H D has come out with for many years.I can't believe the same people that gave us the Rocker and that Crossbones thing could design something as fine as the 48.I just wish I could afford one and still keep my FXDC for doubleup but I am retired and quite poor at this time.Enjoy your ride.

Quick Reply: Rode a Sporty Today-Very Nice!