Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 dyna harley download ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 03:02 AM
NEONNIGHT34609
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 dyna harley download ?

i was gonna go with a PC III . but i dont really like all the wires and sencer eliminators .. so i was thinking if i only have slip ons and a high flow air cleaner can i just get the down load from harley ? what are the PROS and CONS of there down load i have slip ons on the bike now with no popping seems to run very well but i want to do the airfilter and harley said there are 2 down loads they can do eather a stage 1 or a race download .. thanks for your help on this matter

also if i have problems with the download can they redownload the factory specs ?

Old 09-03-2006, 03:24 AM
Whiffleboy
Road Master
Default RE: 2006 dyna harley download ?

You will want the race download. If I remember correctly, the non-race flash was the first one they came out with and was made for just changing the pipes or the A/C - but only one of them. I forget which one. However, the race is supposed to take in to account pipes+A/C. They can flash it back to stock if needed.

Whiff

Old 09-03-2006, 03:43 AM
clayman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the original download and had se slipons and se/ac at the time i picked the bike up. This is just my opinion but i have spent thousands now on a sert V&Hs pipes for a difference the is minimal at best. My bike ran great, lots of power and sounded good. Unless you want to spend tonnes of money for marginal gain i would go with the harley download and slipons, that is of course if you are not planning on doing the cams, big bore kit, the heads, then spend the money get the gadjets you will need them.

Old 09-03-2006, 04:49 AM
iwant1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My setup:

06 Superglide Custom (Austrlaian Model = no o2 sensors)
SE 2 Slip Ons
Hi flow Air filter

Whiffleboy is right, originally I had just the Street Legal Stage 1 download. It ran WAY LEAN.

Then went with a power commander 3 and a dyno tune which fixed the problem.

Before (Lean-Bright yellow flame = Bad):

After (Richer- Transluecent Blue flame = Good):

If you are gonna do the Download do the race download. Although not supposed to be street legal due to EPA regs becuase of the amount of fuel in the mixture it will be better for your motor. It will also help to stop your pipes from blueing becuase the evaporative cooling effect of the fuel in the exhaust (Not sure if you have exhaust covers).

Old 09-03-2006, 12:51 PM
jazzmaster
Stage III

Put some cycle shack slip-ons, a SE-A/C and rode the '06 superglide down to the dealer for the download. Told me it had a 50/50 chance it would work or possibly make the bike run worse due to the cycle shack slip-ons. Had to drive it home and remove the SE- A/C. Running the slip-ons and and stock A/C now.

Old 09-03-2006, 01:29 PM
Whiffleboy
Road Master

I don't see how adding fuel (even if it isn't much) could possibly make it run worse. Tons of folks run slipons and A/C with a download. Seems to me it would run worse now with just the slipons and no download than it would with a complete Stage 1 and download. But...whatever.

Whiff

Old 09-03-2006, 02:50 PM
stock28
Intermediate

Picked up my Bob with the stage I done already including the original stage one download. I got a few pops and it was a little jerky at low speeds. My dealer downloaded the race version for free and the bike runs great now.

Old 09-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Whiffleboy
Road Master

You scored. Before adding my DFO I was running the non-race D/L. Dealer wanted another $150 to do the race one, even though the original D/L was not correct for my setup. BS if you ask me.

Whiff

Old 09-03-2006, 09:37 PM
NEONNIGHT34609
Road Captain
Default RE: 2006 Dyna Harley download ?

thanks guys i know alot of people say to get a programmer and do it yourself but then i see alot of guys going with a download and programmer incase they have problems with the programmer they can still run .. so i thought i would just get the RACE download and take it from there i just have SE II slip ons and have no popping at all things seem great but the me and the dealer got into a **** fight about a download .. i have a K&N air cleaner assy. sitting in the garage waiting for install..
should i get the download first then install the air cleaner my dealer is about 30 miles from me and i heard bad things about running that far being so lean ..

so i was gonna just get the download from the dealer and install the cleaner myself when i get home..

i am very happy with my SE II and after the air cleaner i am not gonna do anything else to the engine except for an oil cooler ..

Old 09-03-2006, 10:01 PM
Whiffleboy
Road Master
Default RE: 2006 Dyna Harley download ?

Get the download then go home and install the A/C. I run a DFO on top of my HD Download, btw. Kind of the same thing you said. I can always revert back to the D/L if anything should crap out on me.

Whiff

Quick Reply: 2006 dyna harley download ?