Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newest mods on the Bob

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010 | 03:21 PM
norris
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like it. looks good

Old 08-10-2010 | 11:28 PM
MJGomz
Advanced

Bike looks great man....I really like the sissy bar. I've been looking for the same thing for some longer rides I'll be making sept.-nov. It's the only thing I can think of to carry a bag and still have it look good with nothing strapped to it. Is that the one from Cycle Visions? If so, did you use their mounting brackets? And how well does it support a passenger? I noticed a lot of the sites that sell that bar state that it's only meant for show and not for passenger support.

I'm finally putting my turn sigs back on and moving them to just under the headlight for now, but I definitely think a relocation like yours is in my future.

Thanks man, sorry for so many questions.

Old 08-11-2010 | 12:33 AM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I really like what you have done . The black covers on the grey cases looks awesome . The contrast is really grabbing , the way the bike should look from the factory .

Old 08-11-2010 | 06:24 AM
JunkHead
|
Cruiser

These are the best pics i can get of it attached, its really simple, 16 gauge steel cut the same size as the mounting block on the frame, with a 45 degree angle up 2 inches and drill 3 holes.

Old 08-11-2010 | 06:32 AM
JunkHead
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by MJGomz
Bike looks great man....I really like the sissy bar. I've been looking for the same thing for some longer rides I'll be making sept.-nov. It's the only thing I can think of to carry a bag and still have it look good with nothing strapped to it. Is that the one from Cycle Visions? If so, did you use their mounting brackets? And how well does it support a passenger? I noticed a lot of the sites that sell that bar state that it's only meant for show and not for passenger support.

I'm finally putting my turn sigs back on and moving them to just under the headlight for now, but I definitely think a relocation like yours is in my future.

Thanks man, sorry for so many questions.
It's the Harley rigid brackets with the Drag Specialties round bar I think 14inches. I got it from Denniskirk.com. They only come in chrome though so I had to paint them. It works great for strapping my book bag to, and it supports my wife no problem, but she's only 95lbs. I was in kinda the same boat, my wife felt like she was going to fall off the back every time I took off and said she would feel safer with a bar, but i wanted something that looked good, I personally don't care for the look of the big padded ones, plus my wife doesn't ride that much.