Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you pay a dealer for a new 2009 Lowrider?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 04:54 AM
kamut
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you pay a dealer for a new 2009 Lowrider?

I just saw that Barnett's in El Paso has several new '09 Lowriders. Wonder what a dude can get one for? Too bad this dude isn't a little better at bargaining.

How much would y'all try to pay for it?

Old 08-07-2010, 09:07 AM
jshull
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would never pay more than msrp. but for sure I would start at 2,000 low and go up from there......

Old 08-07-2010, 09:16 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tip

On leftovers this is what I do. I call the exact dealer that is selling leftover unit. I tell them I wanna brand new 2011 unit and I have a 09 Lowrider with 500 miles on it n mint condition I wanna trade in. They will give you a trade in figure that will be crazy low. Then tell them thats what you will pay for that leftover unit!! You would be surprised at how many deals I picked up like that! Of course you wont get it for that exact number ,but once they stick their foot in their own mouth ...Not much left for them to do but deal.. Try it you will see some funny reactions.

Old 08-07-2010, 03:27 PM
TO34
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by parts eeter
On leftovers this is what I do. I call the exact dealer that is selling leftover unit. I tell them I wanna brand new 2011 unit and I have a 09 Lowrider with 500 miles on it n mint condition I wanna trade in. They will give you a trade in figure that will be crazy low. Then tell them thats what you will pay for that leftover unit!! You would be surprised at how many deals I picked up like that! Of course you wont get it for that exact number ,but once they stick their foot in their own mouth ...Not much left for them to do but deal.. Try it you will see some funny reactions.
Thats going down as Must do!... I never have thought of that & hell I use to sell cars..

Old 08-07-2010, 06:16 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default It gets results

I have had much luck with this approach. Sometimes it requires leaving a phone number for said salesman to cool off for a few days. Then one day the phone will ring and sure enough it will be that salesman wanting to deal. Probably right after the morning sales meeting saying you better sell these old bikes!

Old 08-07-2010, 06:37 PM
labou1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2009 low rider

Seeing it is the last year they produced this, if you want it, you may try giving them what they want.

Old 08-07-2010, 08:02 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 519 Likes on 320 Posts

The fact that they still have a 2009 model sitting on the floor tells me they are not willing to "deal" too much. Otherwise the bikes should have been long gone by now.

So now the question is, how long are they willing to sit on it?
There are plenty of dealers out there that will price a bike at a certain amount, and not move from it.
Eventually though, they'll either come down on it or someone will pay their price.

Just remember though, it's now a 2 year old bike. So make an offer accordingly.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:21 AM
marinepilot81
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I don't like bargaining or haggling because it's such a waste of time. I've had success making an offer and walking away if it's not accepted.

2 year old showroom bike? Cover his cost and nothing more. Anything more than his dealer cost and you might as well get a new bike.

Old 08-09-2010, 05:40 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

find out what a 09 used with low miles sells for in your area, than offer them 1000 more because it is new and has a warranty there are tons of used bikes with low miles out there remember bikes do not have that new car smell

Old 08-09-2010, 06:02 PM
paul987
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In Feb. I paid 13,500 for a 2009 lowrider in two tone orange and black w/ factory alarm. Thought I did allright.
Good Luck

Quick Reply: What would you pay a dealer for a new 2009 Lowrider?