Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally put on my new tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 11:41 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by maryland blackout
ballsy lift you rigged there. How bad were you sweatingit that the bike would tip while you were pulling that rear tire?
It's actually really stable. With just the front lifted it's really secure. When you lift the back up with the floor Jack you just have to be careful not to pull it backwards off the blocks. Once I remove the wheel and block the back up it's not going anywhere.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:43 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Grendel4
The clean rear fender looks great. I like the way your seat flows with the lines of the bike as well. If you don't mind, who makes that seat and what model is it?
The seat is a C&C fastback with removable drivers backrest.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:50 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bone11B
Thats a lot of miles out of the SE 180... nice to hear! Heard some people say 6-8K, what air pressure did you run in the back.
Ya my mileage isnt typical and I really dont know why I get such good wear out of my rear tire. I am a fairly aggressive rider but I also like to just cruise so really cant put my finger on it. I run 36 on the rear tire.

Old 08-07-2010, 12:01 AM
paullavery
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

bberk great looking ride.. Was thinking of chopping my rear fender but after seeing yours think I will just remove rear tail light & number plate, looks really neat..
Could you tell me what indicators you have on your bike & also what type of wheels they are ? Cheers, Paul.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:58 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by paullavery
bberk great looking ride.. Was thinking of chopping my rear fender but after seeing yours think I will just remove rear tail light & number plate, looks really neat..
Could you tell me what indicators you have on your bike & also what type of wheels they are ? Cheers, Paul.
The turn signals are stock housings with Radiantz LED bulbs and have a biketronics run/turn/brake module.

Wheels are the Harley Chrome Switchblades.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:57 PM
paullavery
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

Thanks for that, I have now ordered a set of the same wheels, just wondering if your speedo housing is stock harley or an aftermarket custom product ? Thanks again, Paul.

Old 08-11-2010, 02:20 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by Grendel4
The clean rear fender looks great. I like the way your seat flows with the lines of the bike as well.
Plus one on that. With all that black and chrome, thats one bad motorcycle.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:39 PM
mark0763
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so you got 13,500 miles out of the same one dunlop screaming eagle 180/60-r17 tire? if so i am riding way to hard i am on my second se180 tire i have about 2000 on this one and it is significantly worn already and the tire before that i only got like 4000 and some change out of it. the most i have gotten out of anytire was the metzler me880 marathon 170/55-r17 and i got jsut over 7000 out of it, and when i took it off it was starting to show thread patches were the rubber had worn off completely. how do you ride? are you agressive rider with quick take offs from stops or do you gradually build speed and come to slow stops and hang out around the speed limits on the highway? i am trying to figure out why im not getting this kind of mileage?

Old 08-11-2010, 08:09 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by paullavery
Thanks for that, I have now ordered a set of the same wheels, just wondering if your speedo housing is stock harley or an aftermarket custom product ? Thanks again, Paul.
The console is the one used on the 08 SE Dyna and the 2010+ WG

Old 08-11-2010, 08:18 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by mark0763
so you got 13,500 miles out of the same one dunlop screaming eagle 180/60-r17 tire? if so i am riding way to hard i am on my second se180 tire i have about 2000 on this one and it is significantly worn already and the tire before that i only got like 4000 and some change out of it. the most i have gotten out of anytire was the metzler me880 marathon 170/55-r17 and i got jsut over 7000 out of it, and when i took it off it was starting to show thread patches were the rubber had worn off completely. how do you ride? are you agressive rider with quick take offs from stops or do you gradually build speed and come to slow stops and hang out around the speed limits on the highway? i am trying to figure out why im not getting this kind of mileage?
Most riding is back highways running 65 to 70 but have the agressive days of running much harder. I am not easy on the throttle but dont hammer it everytime I take off either. I put that 13,500 on it in a year so I do alot of different kind of riding.

Most every road I ride is smooth black top which I think is alot of it.

Quick Reply: Finally put on my new tires