Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bikeless but not going anywhere

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 03:33 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Bikeless but not going anywhere

I've been back and forth about selling my bike for months now. I am at a point, with 2 kids growing up fast, where I hardly get a chance to ride anymore. It's either one ballgame to the next or vacation here or there, etc. during the summer. So, I decided to go ahead and sell the bike. It may be a couple of years before I get another one but I still plan on hanging around this forum to try and give back for what I have learned here over the past few years. And to try and keep up with things going forward so maybe I won't be as ignorant about bikes as I was when I first joined this forum 3 years ago.

The guy that bought my bike is a good guy and says he will be joining this forum as well, if he hasn't already. I hope everyone makes him feel at home and helps him out as much as everyone has helped me.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:47 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

ahh man! loved your scoot! glad to see that you will be staying around. you should try and pick up a old honda cb or something and pick up a hobby of building. great platform to start with... i am sure the bike sold fast...

Old 08-05-2010, 03:52 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Joe. The bike just needed to find a buyer that appreciated the mods because I wasn't going to strip it down. I'm not sure I can be satisfied with something older, cheaper, or not a Harley. But I might miss it enough to go there someday. If I were going to walk in and buy a bike today, it would be the new wideglide. Maybe I can take a couple of years off and find a nice used '10 WG down the road that will fit the bill. Or maybe I'll feel ready for something more suited for touring like a streetglide or something by then. I'm not sure I wouldn't always want a dyna in my garage though even if I did have something else in addition.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:52 PM
fxdx-fly-by
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

sorry to hear man...Atleast you can get another one when the time is right! i know how ya feel man when you cant ride its like having a **** star wife and E.D. HAHA

Old 08-05-2010, 03:58 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Maybe try to find a local swap meet and start by picking up an old shovelhead basket case or a frame or motor ... keep it on the workbench in the garage or in the basement and every once in a while cruise craigslist or e-bay and pick up some parts here and there ... then before you know it in a year or two you'll have a bike (on the cheap) and will have more time to ride (or be able to make time) ... as well as the satisfaction of building your own ....

Old 08-05-2010, 03:58 PM
HBomb74
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fxdx-fly-by
sorry to hear man...Atleast you can get another one when the time is right! i know how ya feel man when you cant ride its like having a **** star wife and E.D. HAHA
that's too funny

Old 08-05-2010, 04:02 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by fxdx-fly-by
Funny for sure....

2007 FXDC sorry you had to move on... that bike sure was a sweet FXDC!

Last edited by rounder; 08-05-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:34 PM
VT 1984
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To 2007fxdc

Thanks G, I appreciate the kind words, now if I can just find someone to trade my extended forward controls for standard ones I will be in good shape!!

The bike is awesome and thanks for all the input.

PMU

Old 08-05-2010, 04:35 PM
VT 1984
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2007fxdc
I've been back and forth about selling my bike for months now. I am at a point, with 2 kids growing up fast, where I hardly get a chance to ride anymore. It's either one ballgame to the next or vacation here or there, etc. during the summer. So, I decided to go ahead and sell the bike. It may be a couple of years before I get another one but I still plan on hanging around this forum to try and give back for what I have learned here over the past few years. And to try and keep up with things going forward so maybe I won't be as ignorant about bikes as I was when I first joined this forum 3 years ago.

The guy that bought my bike is a good guy and says he will be joining this forum as well, if he hasn't already. I hope everyone makes him feel at home and helps him out as much as everyone has helped me.
G - Thanks for the kind words and input about "our" bike. I love it!

PMU

Old 08-05-2010, 05:30 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sucks you had to get rid of it but welcome to the forum VT 1984.

I understand the time thing. I have a 8 and 5 year old and they run me all the time. Luckily I am self employed and get done early in the day. This gives me alot of time to ride while the kids are at school.

Last edited by bberck; 08-05-2010 at 06:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Bikeless but not going anywhere