Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gettin' pissed

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 10:38 AM
essentialcycle
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So during my testing, I thought I had it figured out. I did not have voltage on one wire while testing the diode. I then started wiggling wires and had spiking voltage. I was movin the wires at the base of the regulator. I took the regulator off and used my meter on ohms. I hooked one end on the wire that goes to the relay by the seat and one of the plug ends on the regulator. Follow me? I then wiggled and pulled and got big time resistance reading changes. I pushed and tugged on the wires and onlt one was faulty. It's right where the wires go into the regulator. Thinking this is the problem.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:17 AM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by essentialcycle
So during my testing, I thought I had it figured out. I did not have voltage on one wire while testing the diode. I then started wiggling wires and had spiking voltage. I was movin the wires at the base of the regulator. I took the regulator off and used my meter on ohms. I hooked one end on the wire that goes to the relay by the seat and one of the plug ends on the regulator. Follow me? I then wiggled and pulled and got big time resistance reading changes. I pushed and tugged on the wires and onlt one was faulty. It's right where the wires go into the regulator. Thinking this is the problem.
You deserve a pat on the back. Now fix it up and ride

Old 08-08-2010, 04:51 PM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by essentialcycle
That's what was wrong with mine! Both metal tabs in the connector were broken on the battery side of the regulator. I think I'll check the stator side for the same condition.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:48 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,998 Likes on 4,189 Posts
Default Picture

Originally Posted by 08fxdf43202
That's what was wrong with mine! Both metal tabs in the connector were broken on the battery side of the regulator. I think I'll check the stator side for the same condition.
If you check the stator side for the same condition how bout attaching a couple of pictures of the plug on the engine and it unpluged. Thanks

Old 08-08-2010, 08:26 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,807 Likes on 2,543 Posts

Your 95 is a two phase charging system, some 04's and newer went to three phase(hence three wires) I replaced my reg/rectifier with one from Cycle -Electric, I've gotten good service from it.