Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where do you stow your helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 11:21 AM
harley_jeff
Road Master
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

I have never heard of anyone messing with a Harley here in the republic of calif. I guess things are different in the States.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:06 PM
vtwin47
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great idea about using the gun lock cause it sure as hell isn't going on my Glock.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:13 PM
sofl08streetbob
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

++++ on the pistol lock!

Old 08-09-2010, 08:05 PM
mahagowitz
Cruiser

I hardly take mine off anymore since the lawmakers tell me how great they are. I get funny looks in Chili's, but I tell you what. Them caution wet floor signs do not deter me any longer. I'll run right past them. Sleeping I no longer need a pillow, just the plush neck padding. Brushing my teeth sucks, there is always some residue that gets smeared on the shield, and wiping by butt is difficult. Swamp *** every day gives ya a ash you wouldn't believe. Seriously, Illinois sucks but no helmet laws. It hangs in a bag in the garage. Sucks to need one every day.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:08 PM
PGDredd
Banned

Originally Posted by mahagowitz
I hardly take mine off anymore since the lawmakers tell me how great they are. I get funny looks in Chili's, but I tell you what. Them caution wet floor signs do not deter me any longer. I'll run right past them. Sleeping I no longer need a pillow, just the plush neck padding. Brushing my teeth sucks, there is always some residue that gets smeared on the shield, and wiping by butt is difficult. Swamp *** every day gives ya a ash you wouldn't believe. Seriously, Illinois sucks but no helmet laws. It hangs in a bag in the garage. Sucks to need one every day.
LOL, nice!!

I used to hang it on the forward control brake-side, but now that I changed out to nicer looking controls & pegs, I don't wanna cover them up, lol. Now I hang my skid-lid off the right rear passenger peg. Fits there perfect, even folded up!

Old 08-09-2010, 08:15 PM
SeeMeDo
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Use a cable bicycle lock works well to keep my brain bucket out of the local pawn shop. Almost makes you want to come back and stake out with all kinds of goodies on your bike to catch the bastages.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:35 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

In my wallet... oh wrong kind of helmet

Old 08-09-2010, 09:19 PM
PGDredd
Banned

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
In my wallet... oh wrong kind of helmet
No PegInaBlanket, HELMET! Not RAINCOAT!!!

Old 08-09-2010, 09:23 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Oh yea... sorry about that

Old 08-10-2010, 06:18 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

I like the pistol lock idea. I never thought of that.
I leave my fullface on the bike unlocked all the time and so far I have been lucky.
Stange thing is that at any bike event or rally or biker bar I don't even think about my lid getting stolen. The only time I take the helmet with me is somewhere like what you said a applebess parking lot I would take my helmet.

If I buy the new helmet I was looking at the other day I would probably not leave it on the bike. It was a fullface akuma true carbon fiber with a real transition face shield. wieghing in at 3lbs. for a large and 2.5 lbs for a med.

Quick Reply: Where do you stow your helmet?